Best place to buy bank o caps?

Participant count
  • Participant list

My63bug

Senior VIP Member
Id like new. I see these.
abzDNqj.png

Im assuming these are best for my needs. ? Good price or can anyone due better lol. Thamks

Nothing just saying its a good price for new ? I got new for 15.00 less a bank but didnt come with straps and they were 15 for two sets so almost the same price. I am not familiar with the connections on those caps ? Mine have threaded studs coming out of them, Maybe there internally threaded so you screw bolts into them ? That would be cool make them a little smaller. You understand you will need to put them into something because those straps will be hot when hooked up ? I built a plywood box and glued cc foam on the inside of the box to protect them a little too.

What if they're not new? Not like they're going to wear out so long as they're not physically damaged.
bad esr? what happens when you have things in series and they have different internal resistance?

I wish I could get something like these to put the banks inside . Be cool if someone could make something on a 3D printer so it would be plastic but I guess that would cost too much. Maybe fiberglass?

d8f4711f34e9285de93794f5f9b0d178.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bad esr? what happens when you have things in series and they have different internal resistance?
Barring abuse you're talking about a 10 year life expectancy.

That said, I think your bigger worry is buying factory defects that someone in China scavenged out of the dumpster behind the factory. You can buy an ESR meter for about 40$ on ebay/amazon and if you plan to own a cap bank you'll want it to keep an eye on things anyway, right?

More pay now or pay later I suppose, but really if they were legit spec when new and not abused you should be able to get your money's worth out of used ones.

I wish I could get something like these to put the banks inside . Be cool if someone could make something on a 3D printer so it would be plastic but I guess that would cost too much. Maybe fiberglass?
d8f4711f34e9285de93794f5f9b0d178.jpg

surprisingly cheap to make something like that, we have a 3d printer at work. problem is its a LONG print and would take time to make the case unless someone has some it already. material cost is less than 10 bucks no doubt.

I will take 4 please lol they wouldn't even have to be elaborate just like two shells with a lip around them you could bolt together? May be your claim to fame lol ?

I will take 4 please lol they wouldn't even have to be elaborate just like two shells with a lip around them you could bolt together? May be your claim to fame lol ?

we're printing out mounts for a thermal camera on our ua's right now and its going to be in use for a while, i have a bank of caps myself so maybe one day

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.