best battery

Participant count
  • Participant list

southpoleman69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
lancaster,pa
looking into purchasing a new battery but not sure whats good, i know of kinetik and xs, but what else is out there? are all the batteries universal? for instance mine is a side post battery, most of the ones i see are top post. any conflict here or not a big deal at all? what about optima? would i get the same result from a red or yellow top as i would from an xs

Molten salt batteries would be perfect for car audio applications. Just hit up Sumitomo. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I hear great things about Datasafe. But I would just stick to XS.

Southpole Man,

Like any other purchase, I encourage you to do your research before you buy. Base your decision on facts, not opinions. Please read the warranties of the different companies and also check to see if the battery you choose is made with recycled lead, it all makes a huge difference. Size your battery based on your equipment and expected drain.

Optima recommends you use a dual-purpose deep-cycle battery for your application which would be our YellowTops. Our RedTops are starter, OEM type replacement batteries and just not suited for aftermarket stereo applications.

Other things to remember, if you plan a custom installation where the battery is going to be inside the interior, be sure to properly vent it to avoid any toxic or flammable gasses, should your battery get overcharged down the road. We offer some YellowTops with vent tubes or you can place the battery in a vented box. Just be sure to use the vent tube, regardless of which way you go.

Thanks, and feel free to ask other questions about our products if you have them,

Bill Howell

eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.