Best under hood AGM battery for 4k watts

I agree with @hispls. Your headlights will still dim with any lead acid battery under the hood. Your headlights dim because there is a delay between amp demand and alternator supply. You need more battery or capacitance closer to the amp to fill the gap.

I had to measure my battery compartment to find an agm for my car...only stock sized ones I found were overpriced...so that might be an option for you...measure it out and grab the biggest that'll fit...

My replacement AGM battery had the posts flipped. I added wire to lengthen the original cables, and custom cut wire for my big 3. Solid crimping and shrink wrap, my AGM fits like a glove. It is larger than the original battery.

Take measurements, get the biggest one that fits those measurements, and you will be fine.

34/65/78 may fit, if you have an extra 1/2-3/4" lenght. use a piece of wood to take up the extra space and see if it still fits. youll find universals in these sizes, just with different post layouts. it may be worth doing some rewiring to open up to more options. i like to go to interstate for match-ups, and they may have some good options on the shelf.

Ended up get the group 34 Super Start Platinum AGM... I had to modify the battery tray for it to fit and it's kind of stable just can't take a turn too hard. Now I just have to install my big 3 and alternator after work

Update: I drove home from work tonight and let me say it's so nice driving at night and not having to worry about my lights dimming and it so much louder. I only have enough time to install one thing at a time so I think I'm gonna do the big 3 next and then install my HO alternator. My box should be done here soon and when I get that I'm gonna put one of my DB Machete Fight 15s in it until I have the money to get my avatar. Next on my list is new door speakers and a 4 channel. Right now I have Alpine S components that are a few years old. Has anyone had any experience with the NVX V series components? I've heard their lower tier speakers and they were crystal clear even over video so I bet their high end speakers sound pretty damn good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...