Best under hood AGM battery for 4k watts

Blackout67

CarAudio.com Regular
Ohio
So I have my Autotech 320 amp alt, haven't installed it because I'm running a stock lead acid battery. I have big 3 ready to go, SIA-2500, wired up. Plan on getting a JP84 4 channel. My custom box is being built right now, and I plan on getting a Avatar STU-1546. Gonna be my first big boy system when it all comes together.
Now all I need is a battery. I don't feel like adding a second battery to the trunk I'd rather just get one to replace the starting battery. Down4Sound reps recommended the XP3400 but it's very expensive and the group size does not match for my 20003 mustang. I don't have the money to buy the Subwoofer, the amp, and new door speakers, so I was thinking about buying a temporary battery maybe a Diehard AGM or Duracell AGM because I do have an SA12 classic obviously with the gain tuned waaay down and I'm tired of the headlights dimming on my long trip home from work at night. But again same problem with group sizes. But I'm not sure this would be worthwhile in the long run cause I'm not sure what I'd do with the battery when I go to replace it with the better battery down the road.

2003 Ford Mustang should be a 65 series right? If so look at the XS Power D6500 they are 380 at some places.
Group size 58 or 59 for my mustang is what Ive seen. That's the problem I've run into. I guess Ford has once again fucked me over because their group size is apparently not a very standard one. I've been only able to find one or two group size 58 batteries on my search. Not a lot of people build systems for their SN95s because there's not a lot of help I can find for it on here or the mustang fanatic forums

Group size 58 or 59 for my mustang is what Ive seen. That's the problem I've run into. I guess Ford has once again fucked me over because their group size is apparently not a very standard one. I've been only able to find one or two group size 58 batteries on my search. Not a lot of people build systems for their SN95s because there's not a lot of help I can find for it on here or the mustang fanatic forums
Take a tape measure and get some dimensions LxWxH and find the largest AGM battery that will fit. You might be able to get a 34/78 to fit

I've had good luck with premium line of parts store brand batteries in the past. Just buy whichever has the best warranty and save your receipt. I'm not convinced by any of the marketing hype by "car audio" battery companies claiming their AGM has some magic fairy dust or whatever that makes them so much better than the other ones that are made in the same factory.

That said, I don't think HO alternator and primary battery (of any sort) is going to really hang for you if you're heavy handed on the volume knob.

Yea that's what I'll end up doing then. I was skeptical about the car audio batteries from xs. Maybe if I decided to go lithium but that expensive

You are more than likely going to need at least two agm batteries with that alt and the Big3 done to keep up with the demand from my experiences. The Super Starts have been excellent for me and so far the Duralast AGM is doing quite well for the money. I just dont like the way the connection well is for the Duralast but a brass connection with Wingnut seems to be working fine for that battery

You are more than likely going to need at least two agm batteries with that alt and the Big3 done to keep up with the demand from my experiences. The Super Starts have been excellent for me and so far the Duralast AGM is doing quite well for the money. I just dont like the way the connection well is for the Duralast but a brass connection with Wingnut seems to be working fine for that battery
So probably down the road is have to get a second one in the back? I'd be ok with that ig... But I could not find an AGM Super Start that fits. The one in it now is a Parts Plus Silver group 58. And it doesn't look like there's much room to spare length wise with the 58. I found a group 34 that is about 3/4 inches bigger than the Parts Plus in there. I'm not sure it will fit. The one I found that does fit had the negative and positive posts swapped. I actually broke my corroded power terminal trying to see if it was flexible enough to reach the posts if I flipped the battery maybe and I was late to work getting and installing a new one. So I could not get a battery and see if it fits

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...