best amp for a kicker L7 15" sub

I would reccomend something around 1200 watts to push it right around its max //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

First off, the MTX Thunder 81000D amplifier, which has 1,100 watts at 2 ohms, is what I recommend. Yes, I know that it is 100 watts over l7 15's handling, but your sub will not notice, unless you have the volume all they way up.

Second off, what is the difference between mono and different channels? Alright, I'll do my best to not make this sufisticated. Mono is one channel. Multi channels, such as 100 x2, just means that there are two channels, meaning you can hook up to 2 speakers, and get 100 watts running to each speaker. But, of course, you can hook up more than what is listed by the channels, but you will loose wattage, and chance overheating your amp, which is bad, and *****!

brad.farmer

Originally posted by brad.farmer First off, the MTX Thunder 81000D amplifier, which has 1,100 watts at 2 ohms, is what I recommend. Yes, I know that it is 100 watts over l7 15's handling, but your sub will not notice, unless you have the volume all they way up.

Second off, what is the difference between mono and different channels? Alright, I'll do my best to not make this sufisticated. Mono is one channel. Multi channels, such as 100 x2, just means that there are two channels, meaning you can hook up to 2 speakers, and get 100 watts running to each speaker. But, of course, you can hook up more than what is listed by the channels, but you will loose wattage, and chance overheating your amp, which is bad, and *****!

brad.farmer
Do you know what a 2ohm load is?

and how do you loose wattage by hooking up more speakers to an amp

Originally posted by brad.farmer First off, the MTX Thunder 81000D amplifier, which has 1,100 watts at 2 ohms, is what I recommend. Yes, I know that it is 100 watts over l7 15's handling, but your sub will not notice, unless you have the volume all they way up.

brad.farmer
brad brad brad!! as long as you keep the independence the amp wont overheat. it doesnt care less if you have 50 speakers on it as long as you keep it in its independence range it will do fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.