Best all-around subwoofer for 150-200$

if you compare the sundown z series and threatcon 4, i will go for the sundown but sa to threatcon 4, its threatcon 4 hands down
- DEPENDS on WHAT POWER you have at your disposal when coming to conclusion on ANY SUB recommendation, which is WHY the Z series isn't even on the table HERE... If you DON'T have the power you need, your Bad@ss Sub is NEVER going to be very Bad@ss... The SA is a GOOD & efficient, as well as versatile little sub that will take a beating, and WILL sound good on the OP's power which is the ONLY reason I came to that recommendation for him //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
If you want to recommend a C2 product, the Theatcon 2 would be what you SHOULD be recommending to the OP for what he is working with from his power and goals standpoint...

Type Rs are very durable. I ran a single 12 of the 600rms version on 1k, occasionally 1.5k with no problems. Never bottomed out.

The SAs are also great woofers, as are the FIs. You'll have to choose between appearance and originality. A lot of people run all three of these brands. You can't go wrong.

- DEPENDS on WHAT POWER you have at your disposal when coming to conclusion on ANY SUB recommendation, which is WHY the Z series isn't even on the table HERE... If you DON'T have the power you need, your Bad@ss Sub is NEVER going to be very Bad@ss... The SA is a GOOD & efficient, as well as versatile little sub that will take a beating, and WILL sound good on the OP's power which is the ONLY reason I came to that recommendation for him //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
If you want to recommend a C2 product, the Theatcon 2 would be what you SHOULD be recommending to the OP for what he is working with from his power and goals standpoint...
I'd put good money that says a threatcon or Z will get louder off of 600 watts than a SA. It'll also get louder on 1000 by an even greater margin and it only gets worse from there. Higher BL and xmax are your friend when it comes to effeciency, power compression isn't. Just because he doesn't have the amount of watts the manufacturer stamps on the box doesn't make it a waste. Just have to be smart enough to know how to utilize the speaker on lower power AND smart enough to realize it'll be more impressive than the lower line speaker, regardless of power applied. That's true in basically all cases, which in this case makes the threatcon the better choice, IMO. Z is off the table because of budget. I can't vouch for threatcons as I've never ran one, but if it's in your budget it seems like a very good deal unless they have some major build issues.

I'd put good money that says a threatcon or Z will get louder off of 600 watts than a SA. It'll also get louder on 1000 by an even greater margin and it only gets worse from there. Higher BL and xmax are your friend when it comes to effeciency, power compression isn't. Just because he doesn't have the amount of watts the manufacturer stamps on the box doesn't make it a waste. Just have to be smart enough to know how to utilize the speaker on lower power AND smart enough to realize it'll be more impressive than the lower line speaker, regardless of power applied. That's true in basically all cases, which in this case makes the threatcon the better choice, IMO. Z is off the table because of budget. I can't vouch for threatcons as I've never ran one, but if it's in your budget it seems like a very good deal unless they have some major build issues.
- Yeah, that & the fact that they're NOT even out yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif But lets all go ahead and push a product you CAN'T EVEN BUY JUST YET, or have heard or seen in use //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif and YES you are absolutely Correct in MOST cases, BUT - Running 600 watts to a 3" or 4" VC sub is just a WASTE of $$$ IMO - OBVIOUSLY if you can not afford or budget the amp that would really allow a sub like that to shine, then WHY would you spend MORE on subs to begin with? The SA is STILL cheaper than the C2 preorder price and it IS AVAILABLE - NOW - And I still do NOT think ANY C2 Audio Sub will get LOUDER than an SA on the same power, I was NOT impressed with the Theatcon 2 at all for a 3" VC sub, until someone proves me wrong with REAL evidence I stand behind my original statement

Nica debate guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Anyway thanks a lot I will go with the Sundown SA-12 because in my opinion, it will be way more easy to sell and C2 Audio is not available outside of the USA. My choice is done.

- Yeah, that & the fact that they're NOT even out yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif But lets all go ahead and push a product you CAN'T EVEN BUY JUST YET, or have heard or seen in use //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif and YES you are absolutely Correct in MOST cases, BUT - Running 600 watts to a 3" or 4" VC sub is just a WASTE of $$$ IMO - OBVIOUSLY if you can not afford or budget the amp that would really allow a sub like that to shine, then WHY would you spend MORE on subs to begin with? The SA is STILL cheaper than the C2 preorder price and it IS AVAILABLE - NOW - And I still do NOT think ANY C2 Audio Sub will get LOUDER than an SA on the same power, I was NOT impressed with the Theatcon 2 at all for a 3" VC sub, until someone proves me wrong with REAL evidence I stand behind my original statement
you know your not making any sense now right? how can a 600w sub be louder than 1200w sub

you know your not making any sense now right? how can a 600w sub be louder than 1200w sub

You'll notice I never pushed the threatcon, I even said I've never used one and if it has build issues that's another story. My only main point was that if a speaker that is better than your other options is on sale, to not get it just because it handles more power than what you have available is dumb. Your buying an inferior speaker for the same price that won't get as loud off the power you have, nor will it leave you room to upgrade. If ssa xcons (just an ex) went down to $200 tommorow, that would be the best buy for ANYONE spending near 200 on a speaker, regardless of their amp of choice.

Uh he's making perfect sense to me i would never buy a sub with zero feedback from anyone anywhere no matter the ratings the voice coil size or the price. The sundowns have a proven track record i have yet to see a negative review for them ever on any forum. It is well documented the sundown is very underrated and will take alot more power than rms and more importantly sound good doing it.

And since when do you need a 4" vc to run 1000w power? You can get away with using a 2.5" vc. Are you just nut hugging because it's a 4" vc? There's more to a sub then just the size of the vc.
if the sundown Z went down in price and same price with SA are u still buying the SA because of your amp is only 600w rms? hopefully your not this dumb?

If I was running an amp that only did 800w @1ohm and I could get a SSA GCON 3"vc rated @750wRMS or a SSA Evil 4"vc rated @3250wRMS for the same price I would get the GCON because it works best with my setup. So hopefully you're not that dumb

If I was running an amp that only did 800w @1ohm and I could get a SSA GCON 3"vc rated @750wRMS or a SSA Evil 4"vc rated @3250wRMS for the same price I would get the GCON because it works best with my setup. So hopefully you're not that dumb
So you'd like a sub that if clipped, could potentially break, if a note goes too low, could potentially break. Probably a decibel or more quieter and probably doesn't sound as good. Did I mention you have no room to upgrade? Matching numbers on the box isnt' important lol. More fair comparison is xcon to gcon. Barring box size, the Xcon is superior in every way. More powerful subs with larger coils and almost always higher motor force are just louder on the same amount of power, any power and generally sound better, especially since your not pushing them as hard. Running subs near RMS is just running them that much closer to their limit, often both thermal and mechanical. The GCon has maybe 20mm of xmax if I had to guess without looking, I'm sure the ZCON/XCON lines are over 30mm. Again, that's just more power and BL compression as well as distortion associated with both.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.