Best all-around subwoofer for 150-200$

So I should run it at 1100W (1 ohm) and reduce the gain? By the way I am not planning on upgrading my electrical system (maybe Big 3), that's why I was planning on running it at 800W instead of 1100W.

Just for the information, is it safe to buy the Hifonics amplifier and the Sundown subwoofer at WoofersEtc.com or I should buy them at a different online store (I live in Canada)?

So I should run it at 1100W (1 ohm) and reduce the gain? By the way I am not planning on upgrading my electrical system (maybe Big 3), that's why I was planning on running it at 800W instead of 1100W.
Just for the information, is it safe to buy the Hifonics amplifier and the Sundown subwoofer at WoofersEtc.com or I should buy them at a different online store (I live in Canada)?
- Run it at 800 @ 1 ohm - The ratings of that amp are at 14.4 volts and with stock electrical there's no way, if you try to get 800 out of it @ 2 ohms you will more than likely clip your sub to death, set your gain properly running @ 1 ohm for 800 watts and you should be good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
That is a reputable store btw, if they have what you want in stock and can get it to you w/o charging an arm & leg for shipping go for it... I know carstereogiant.com also sells SA OB - OpenBox or B stock subs for a discounted price if you want to try and save a few extra bucks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

woofersetc is a trusted site and is #6 on the top car audio sites on ca.com. You can check the other sites, theyre on the main page of ca.com if your interested.

You can always turn down the gain to put out approximatly 800 watts at 1 ohm setting with a dmm.

woofersetc is a trusted site and is #6 on the top car audio sites on ca.com. You can check the other sites, theyre on the main page of ca.com if your interested.

You can always turn down the gain to put out approximatly 800 watts at 1 ohm setting with a dmm.

Just my opinion but I'd get a dual 4 running a single sub and then when he adds another he can get it down to 1 ohm. It's a lot harder to find an amp that does 1200 at 2 ohm than 1. And even if he's only putting 500-600 at 2 ohm on an SA it's more than enough to make it move and the extra 200 watts isn't going to be that much louder to the ear anyway.

Just my opinion but I'd get a dual 4 running a single sub and then when he adds another he can get it down to 1 ohm. It's a lot harder to find an amp that does 1200 at 2 ohm than 1. And even if he's only putting 500-600 at 2 ohm on an SA it's more than enough to make it move and the extra 200 watts isn't going to be that much louder to the ear anyway.
ahh good point. I didn't consider that, go with the d4 if you ever plan on adding another sub.

ahh good point. I didn't consider that, go with the d4 if you ever plan on adding another sub.

Yes this is also an option as well... I just do not ever run sets or multiples of subs in different conditions to start with - ie. - new and used mixed together - But that's JUST ME //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I'd sooner sell the one and buy 2 fresh ones if you were building a brand new enclosure anyhow, then I'd get the D4's to run @ 1 ohm on a set...

op there is nothing wrong with alpine durability. I have a pair of the original alpine type r's that are 9 years old at least and have been in and out of numerous cars and enclosures and still play and sound great. Alpine makes great sub as well as amps and headunits there are just some who think anything mainstream is bad. I currently have 2 of the new gen alpine type r 10's in my truck run off a soundstream ref 1.1000 and i couldnt recommend the subs any more. I also agree that you should start with the d4 voicecoil it will make adding power alot less of a headache and alot cheaper big power at 2ohms is expensive compared to 1ohms.

Ok I am a bit confused now. So let's say I only want one subwoofer (if I want two in the future I will sell it) and I only do Big 3 with stock battery and alternator (80A), what is the best set up for me (with this amp and sub)? What should I avoid? Will my electrical system be VERY borderline or it can just be fine with this setup and Big 3 (by the way I am not planning running this the engine off)? Thanks.

Ok I am a bit confused now. So let's say I only want one subwoofer (if I want two in the future I will sell it) and I only do Big 3 with stock battery and alternator (80A), what is the best set up for me (with this amp and sub)? What should I avoid? Will my electrical system be VERY borderline or it can just be fine with this setup and Big 3 (by the way I am not planning running this the engine off)? Thanks.
- Get a D2 sub then

Ok, and what are the major differences between the Sundown (SA-12) and the FI (SSD12), why people prefer one on the other? Thanks.
With the sundowns everybody and there mother are running them so there are lots of reviews and they are mostly all positive. The ssd's are good subs to with a little higher power handling(although everyone says the sundowns will handle just as much)there is a pretty long wait time for the fi's because they build it when you order it so that is one drawback. I also dont think the specs are listed correctly on there website i know the 10's depth was listed at 6 and ended up being closer to 7 inches. In my opinion i would go with the sundown i would also recommend the new alpine type r's not only bang for the buck but they sound fantastic.

Now I am stuck between the Sundown SA-12 and the FI SSD12 lol (and maybe the "new" Incriminator Lethal Injection?). Most of the time people recommend the SSD12 more but I don't know why since the Sundown is under rated.
So the Sundown SA-12 would be great on a Hifonics BRX1100.1D wired at 2 ohms (800W)?

I heard that Sundown owner was giving enclosure specifications for this subwoofer on a forum (bigger than the ones recommend on their website). Is that true (what size/tuning should I do)?

As always, thanks for your help.
why waste an amp and run it on 2 ohms

threatcon 4 will wipe the SA and FI SSD12 and is almost the same price and you can run that 1100 watts at 1 ohm and you will need more since rms is 1200w

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.