Best all-around subwoofer for 150-200$

@snyderd758 Did you heard the Sundown SA-12 and the new Alpine Type-R or you just read on that? Because I was at first interested in that Type-R but my mind changed to the Sundown. Which on would you recommend personally from your experience? Thanks.

LOL ****, now I am stuck between the Sundown SA-12, the C2 Audio Threatcon and the American Bass XFL12. I hope I will finally find the right sub for me XD

I have personally heard the type r sounds fantastic like i said loud and low and that was just on 500 watts. As far as the sundown there are so many people on all of these car audio forums that own them and swear by them i dont think you can go wrong with it.

threatcon 4 will wipe the SA and FI SSD12 and is almost the same price and you can run that 1100 watts at 1 ohm and you will need more since rms is 1200w
- Dude give it a rest bruh, you are comparing a 4" voice coil up against 2.5" & 3" - Put that sub up against a REAL 4" VC sub and let me know how that works out for ya //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif LOL - The theatcon 2 was a 3" VC and the SA handles just as much power, if not MORE from an experienced car audio enthusiast who knows wtf they are doing... I'm not trying to hate here, but I'm just so sick of seeing ppl nuthugging & recommending something every single chance they get that's not even out yet just like some of you did with the theatcon 2 and that turned out to be pretty disappointing anyway for a THREE INCH VC SUB IMO, I don't expect any more from any of the new stuff from C2 = Hyped up crap that "looks good on paper"

- Dude give it a rest bruh, you are comparing a 4" voice coil up against 2.5" & 3" - Put that sub up against a REAL 4" VC sub and let me know how that works out for ya //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif LOL - The theatcon 2 was a 3" VC and the SA handles just as much power, if not MORE from an experienced car audio enthusiast who knows wtf they are doing... I'm not trying to hate here, but I'm just so sick of seeing ppl nuthugging & recommending something every single chance they get that's not even out yet just like some of you did with the theatcon 2 and that turned out to be pretty disappointing anyway for a THREE INCH VC SUB IMO, I don't expect any more from any of the new stuff from C2 = Hyped up crap that "looks good on paper"
why would you buy an SA if the threatcon 4 which is above the league and the same price? if comparing to SA 12 and threatcon 4 which is better? by the way, Jacob (sundown owner) has a hand in designing the threatcon 4.

LOL ****, now I am stuck between the Sundown SA-12, the C2 Audio Threatcon and the American Bass XFL12. I hope I will finally find the right sub for me XD
the threatcon 4 is 1200 rms 4 inch voice coil, the XFL is 850 rms 3inch voice coil, SA 600rms 2.5 inch voice coil if you are comparing subs, SA should not be on this list in IMO

if you want to compare SA with other subs it will be SA, obsidian, FI SSD12, Skar VVX, and PSI platform 1 and Trpe R.

the threatcon 4 is 1200 rms 4 inch voice coil, the XFL is 850 rms 3inch voice coil, SA 600rms 2.5 inch voice coil if you are comparing subs, SA should not be on this list in IMO
if you want to compare SA with other subs it will be SA, obsidian, FI SSD12, Skar VVX, and PSI platform 1 and Trpe R.
Listen and think for a second. I'll try to make this easy for even you to understand. Larger coil = more weight = more total moving mass =more power to preform. If the 4 is as power limited as the 2 that 4 inch coil in a hinderance not a plus. The good 4 inch subs dont start getting good till 3000+ is going to them.

Listen and think for a second. I'll try to make this easy for even you to understand. Larger coil = more weight = more total moving mass =more power to preform. If the 4 is as power limited as the 2 that 4 inch coil in a hinderance not a plus. The good 4 inch subs dont start getting good till 3000+ is going to them.
Scion girl comparison is threatcon 4 and SA which one is better?

Scion girl comparison is threatcon 4 and SA which one is better?
whats ur theory behind nuthugging a sub that isnt even built yet and has no real world testin or reviews? this 1200rms 4" coil underated or not will more than likely fall flat on its face against any solid 4" coil out there...put em against my hdc4s which are rated at 2k and are underated by double if done properly.

I will take the Pepsi challenge ANY fkn day of the week with MY USED SA-12 - Up against ANY production C2 sub - SAME power, SAME vehicle, each in an optimum custom built enclosure, and we will see who the f*ck is LOUDER & sounds BETTER doing it

guys im not saying that this is the best 4" VC out there, the title says "Best all-around subwoofer for 150-200$" if you can get a 4inch VC for under $200 dont you think that is the best under $200 sub?

I will take the Pepsi challenge ANY fkn day of the week with MY USED SA-12 - Up against ANY production C2 sub - SAME power, SAME vehicle, each in an optimum custom built enclosure, and we will see who the f*ck is LOUDER & sounds BETTER doing it
the problem is the threatcon 4 can take 1500rms amps and your SA will not, this is the reason why your saying same power, like saying I'll race you with my Scion with your Mustang GT but can we race just on 2nd gear?

guys im not saying that this is the best 4" VC out there, the title says "Best all-around subwoofer for 150-200$" if you can get a 4inch VC for under $200 dont you think that is the best under $200 sub?
the problem is the threatcon 4 can take 1500rms amps and your SA will not, this is the reason why your saying same power, like saying I'll race you with my Scion with your Mustang GT but can we race just on 2nd gear?
OP says he is working with an amp that does 1100 RMS @ 1 OHM full tilt @ 14.4 volts !!! - WHY in the f*ck would you reccomend a weak & inefficient 4" VC sub that NEEDS MORE POWER to get JUST AS LOUD if not, not even as loud? & I'll throw 1500 @ my SA any time - My amp will do 2500 rms with ease buddy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
That being said; OP will be LUCKY to see 800-900rms @ 1 ohm out of his amp with stock electrical, big 3, and good power & ground... We SHOULD be recommending a sub that will perform the very BEST @ this power... My vote is for an SA-12, Obsidian 12, or Type R 12 - ANY of those will perform well on that power, & I'm sure there are plenty of others that would as well...

OP says he is working with an amp that does 1100 RMS @ 1 OHM full tilt @ 14.4 volts !!! - WHY in the f*ck would you reccomend a weak & inefficient 4" VC sub that NEEDS MORE POWER to get JUST AS LOUD if not, not even as loud? & I'll throw 1500 @ my SA any time - My amp will do 2500 rms with ease buddy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
your missing the point, why buy a scion if I can get a nice Mustang GT for the same price by the way I dont think Threatcon 4 is weak just because its priced at $199 does not mean the sub is weak.

your missing the point, why buy a scion if I can get a nice Mustang GT for the same price... you always miss the point not sure why? by the way I dont think Threatcon 4 is weak just because its priced at $199 does not mean the sub is weak.
- NO you're MISSING the point, OP has a particular AMP he wants or has to run whatever SUB he chooses to BUY - For 1 - Your recommendation is NOT even available yet, for 2 it WILL NOT perform well with HIS AMP, and it's WEAKNESS has absolutely NOTHING to do with the PRICE - 1200 rms for a 4" VC is and always will be WEAK AS FUKC

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.