Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ?

• ?

• ?

• Total voters
OK, im new to this forum. Been wiring for a long time, I have 2 alpine type sws 15d4s in my back seat right now and they slightly bottom out if I turn this American bass vfl series up at all, I've got them perfect for the time being but I need to replace them and I need a set of 12s to fit in the trunk, was leaning towards the Orion hcca 12.2 dvcs but only for the rms ratings and im only sparing 450-500 a month, I'll worry about a "custom" box later, right now I jus want something that can handle this amp since I can't find a middle ground on these 15s and ran outta people to help build a custom box for them in my area for my car.. Suggestions welcome. Not advanced in the comp dept right now, and right now-orion seems to hold strong on my list and haven't seen any others really that can handle 4500@1 ohm. Right now im probably pushing roughly 3200@1 honestly, I need a new cap but other than that it's making these 15s hit way too hard. Would love new 15s but since ik replacing my type s 15s I might as well get sumthing easier to fit in my car right now. Thanks-

Well thanks. Still not sure either way, I do know the type sws 15d4s should at least handle 1500 (750rms) and they bottom out nonstop with this amp, not tryna waste anymore money on subs if they're guna just blow out

Well thanks. Still not sure either way, I do know the type sws 15d4s should at least handle 1500 (750rms) and they bottom out nonstop with this amp, not tryna waste anymore money on subs if they're guna just blow out

It's prly your box and amp setting.

It's the American bass vfl hybrid series 4480.1.D, not sure where you exactly wana look for it at though honestly. It's only rating is 4500@1ohm. And I know im not getting that at all. But it's for sure slamming these 15s way too hard, gain is barely 1/4th subsonic is 50hz, lpf is at 50hz, and bass boost is always off

The gain is not volume knob, 1/4 could be full power of you never scoped it... Sub sonic should be at like 28hz if your tuned in the 3mid 30s lol not 50 what is your box tuned too?

And box was made for them, had 1000watt @ 2 ohm goin to each and they sounded awesum but I just switched out to this amp, the box is 4cft, 2cft per sub, labyrinth vents, they only bottom out at around 38hz or so I think.. Not too sure, certain low notes cause it unbelievably bad and theyve never done that til I hooked them up to this amp

Box is tuned to 32, I tried the sub at all settings, 50hz is the lowest it'll go without bottoming out constantly honestly, my CD player has subsonic filters that start at 50 so I matched it with the amp and it stopped bottoming out constantly, now it does it on real low notes

I'll try anything at this point but I need new replacements at this point and get these outta my seat, but Ive honestly tried so many settings on this amp it's annoying, with the subsonic filter barely up it causes them to bottom out so hard it's ridiculous, that's y I was just looking for a couple 12s to replace them -plus they're too big to put in this trunk honestly

That's what I thought honestly, maybe I just need to mess with it more, I mean, I loved these 15s and im not tryna blow them, tried the bass boost 1x and then shut it off jus to keep them safe, I figure if they're bottoming out they'd be getting warm tho right?

Which I don't keep them bottoming out, if I hear it I adjust it constantly but Ive had them about 7months and they never even get warm at all, and, im smarter in this than I sound honestly, just rarely ask for any advice, plus I've been trying to get a custom box made for these subs and everyone telling me in dumb etc when I've been doin this for over 10yrs, but I can ALWAYS learn sumthing new, I was listening to subs when solo baric was the best on the market, so IDK any of the stuff now, slowly building my way up again. Went from a starter system to 2 15s and 0gauge wire, 2 amps, and 2 12s in my trunk, kinda had to relearn wiring, distribution blocks, and add fans, next step after subs is completely rewiring everything stock instead of fuse blocks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...