Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ?

• ?

• ?

• Total voters
Calm down man, original question was suggestion of 12s, .
Keep in mind, the beefier the sub, the better the power you need to have to properly power it aka quality amp, reputable high output alternator, AGM batteries, big 3 etc.. No capacitors dont do anything when it comes to real current draw. Subs also need to be in a properly engineered subwoofer enclosure meant to work well in the acoustics of your vehicle along with working with the subwoofer's electro mechanical parameters. Just some random 4 cubic feet box to tuned to 34 hz might be be the best box. Sometimes you need 4th order, Quarter wave transmission lines or different spec'd bass reflex.

True but just for the type s 15d4 recommended enclosure vented was like 2-2.5? Not too sure. But I think this one is just at a little over 2 per chamber, and right now it's got my full cab as its own box to work with. Honestly I miss my two duals in their bandpass illuminated box, but they wouldn't handle this amp. Wondering if just throwing two type r 12d2s would handle it? They'd fit in the trunk and two in series at 3k would be way more than this amp is probably putting out anyways?

True but just for the type s 15d4 recommended enclosure vented was like 2-2.5? Not too sure. But I think this one is just at a little over 2 per chamber, and right now it's got my full cab as its own box to work with. Honestly I miss my two duals in their bandpass illuminated box, but they wouldn't handle this amp. Wondering if just throwing two type r 12d2s would handle it? They'd fit in the trunk and two in series at 3k would be way more than this amp is probably putting out anyways?
the 4480 hybrid is only a 1500 rms amp at best. As much as you dont want to believe it, its fake numbers advertising just like boss and pyle. Type R used to be good back then but nowadays every other sub on the market will walk all over them. You want to do a proper box for 12s in a trunk. Your 15s are suffocating in their current box. That box is only enough for 12s man. Two 15s need 4 cubic feet per 15 and thats after accounting in the space the port, subwoofer and wood thickness take up. You might want to hit up some local competitions to see what real setups are like.

Real boxes are massive. Space makes bass, essential rule of subwoofers. Whatever you find on ebay and amazon are basically junk boxes designed by monkeys that cant get loud for the life of them and they completely lie on their specs as well.

Realize that rule and you can do this with a single 10" sub

Well in the long run im upgrading everything slowly, it's the first car and system im investing into, everything I replace I sell off. The amp and 15s in being offered 700 for right now and I just wanna replace everything before I decide to sell.. Since this car really came stock with 4in dash speakers I quickly replaced them since they were deteriorating and put the first high output cheap tweeters i saw in, it's loud Enuf to hear about 4 blocks away and the loudest in this area. "local comps" aren't around here. Nearest would maybe be Springfield Missouri? Not sure. Seen a few when I was younger which is wat got me into the whole idea, two 22in mtx jackhammers in a van in St. Louis.. Never wanted bigger than 15s tho. Just a good brand amp and sub. Never hear of any tho. Everyone always has ab, alpine, mtx etc

And if I can find a good Enuf amp I'll be happy with just 10s at this point anything in my trunk. I've got someone that wants to just "experiment" with boxes and learn sum stuff (he's older but...) I gave him my specs for the 15s and he was guna help before I decided on 12. I settled for the box with the 15s jus til I could hopefully put them in the trunk, it's maybe 2ft deep 5-6 ft all round, and it's all theirs for a box I just need someone who knows WTF their doin with that aspect. The amps/wiring can all be redone and as of now it's not like they're actually bolted down.

jackhammers are pretty **** useless, guessing you havent seen much in the ways of bass lately and are a decade behind times bro.

This is the jackhammers on 12k RMS against some underground competition level 1500 rms 18s on 6k rms. Guess who won.

hate to say it but you're in a little bubble there buddy, purely based on your location of course. There's a big bass world out there if you keep your mind open. No one in their right minds use alpine, mtx, rockford(subs) kicker and stuff at comps anymore. There's stuff out there thats 1000x better for the money as in louder and better sounding in every single way.

If you can sell your type S 15s and vfl 4480 for 700, sell it ASAP. They overpaying at that point lol.

Ya I know, Missouri in general is a bubble. Trust. And the best things I remembered hearing were in high school and actually we hooked my duals up (the 1100watt peak illuminated bandpass box) to a Mtx thunder 2200watt Amp and shattered my friends back glass outta his eclipse and beat two kicker l7s and knocked his rearview off his car. IDK why they sounded so good for a low-end brand. Anyways-outta the sites u sent-if I were to replace amps (mids/highs, and sub, and my subs, along with the 4in fosgates, and the bullet tweeters, (preferably matching brands if possible.) what's one of the better u would recommend. I've heard of DC and fu Audio, incriminator, twisted audio, synergy and a few of the others on there just not slot about them honestly, at least not enough to know what they're capable of, I mean the fu audio says the same stats (rms) as the alpine type s I have) just different motors and build(plus my subs weigh alot it seems). And Ya. There's a guy that wanted to hear it the other day and he offered 350 for the Amp and 400 for the subs with the box since he realized I kinda hated having them in my seat. He also wants to buy the whole set up for 1300. Which is about Wat I've put into everything (including the Amp I sold"boss fnx 4 channel, and a kicker dx 250.1 monoblock-very first Amp just found for 25 lmao..) gotta understand though. There are no stereo shops near me that do "custom" jobs. EBay is about the best outlet, the sites u showed are a "godsend" (thanks) . The shop near me looked at my 15 box and said its perfect and I'm stupid for wanting a "custom" box for my trunk., that it just right for them, if I want a custom box find sumone else and they don't do custom builds they just order special sizes if they don't have it which they didn't carry 15s or bigger there. So ya I'm in a bubble. Google where I'm at sumtime lol. Population was barely 4k I think. This is a trap of a town.. As soon as I get all this stuff lined out I'm out. But any recommendations for sub/amps? I got the cash.. I can spare roughly 400/month and if anything I'll just save for a couple months, not a huge rush.. Already did all this in 2 months (240 for the Amp, 350 for the subs, 200 for the alt, and all the wiring etc. ) so money isn't a major issue. Just trying not to spend 1000s on it, even though I already got more equipment than the **** cars worth...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...