Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ?

• ?

• ?

• Total voters
Calm down man, original question was suggestion of 12s, the head unit doesn't allow u to turn off the sub control, 50hz-200hz (+6/-24--6/-12.) hpf can be off or on, 50hz-200hz(-6 or -12) that's it. Then u have normal equalizer setting, loudness, subw :nor/:rev/off, bass boost(0-+6) and sla: -4-+4. My settings as of now, custom equalizer, 80hz--6, 250hz-2, 800hz 0, 2.5khz+4, 8khz+6, loudness:high, subw:nor, subw cntrl: 63hz +6 -12, bass boost:0, hpf:50hz-12, sla:+4.

Ya I knew that but it also was keeping them from bottoming out at every bassline that hit when I turned it to 50hz, I know I cut it off but I also was tryna keep them from being over powered, im the only one in my area interested in this stuff so it's hard to find ppl to help listen and tune this with me

you have your sh*T all fked up. Just saying. Do you know what bottomed out actually sounds like? or are you just guessing? take a picture of the setup or a video of the problem if you can.

Lmao I asked a simple question, I've been dealing with this for a month. The more I mess with it the quieter I make it and the less I make them hit. The bottoming out wasn't my "main" concern man. I was asking for Reccomendation of 12s. In in a two door sports car that I haven't been able to get these subs outta the back seat since I got them, been a bigger issue than the amp and since I can't find anyone in this rathole town to help build a good box in the trunk I wanted to replace them for awhile, then new amp jus gave me an even better excuse and a bit of a concern, if u really wana know, I fixed the bottoming out problem, thanks for the advice, but all this complaining and come to find out the subs knock the vent lose and it's been knocking jus hard Enuf to sound like its inside the sub itself

And no. I haven't EVER HEARD A SUB BOTTOM OUT, I made that clear earlier, I don't push them that hard at all, that's why I asked and said it seems as if they were since it came from both of them. As I said tho. I found out its the vent/wall between them it's knocking against the inside. Main purpose of this thread was reccomendation of sum new 12s since I want sumthing in my trunk, these 15s have been in my seat for months and I've been ripped off by "cocky" ppl who just think they know everything about systems, kinda how you guys are acting. I explained y I didn't have the hz turned low (if they hit too hard it made that sound so I kept them from doing it) now that I took them out of the box they stopped and I noticed the glue that held the vents together had been busted out so it's barely moving, apparently Enuf when they hit to make a slapping noise. But thanks for the "support" nice to see how many ******** there are in the audio world. Not that I live near anyone here but offering a couple 100 to build a custom box in a 2 door car trunk is now outta the question, I'll save myself the trouble and insults. Take it ez.

The people who know what they are talking about are telling you your settings are off and the cause of the problem. Two or three very experienced members have told you new subs aren't the solution; this might sound crazy, but there's a chance they are right.

If it helps, FU Audio has a very good rep. here and prices are reasonable.

The amount of butthurt these noobs come in and display is unreal. I guess the generation of "oh i won a trophy for participating" and "lets be in touch with our feelings" is flooding this site. Just asked for some pics and simple vid of your setup ass hat. Didnt ask for a life story of how you got fked in the ass.

The amount of butthurt these noobs come in and display is unreal. I guess the generation of "oh i won a trophy for participating" and "lets be in touch with our feelings" is flooding this site. Just asked for some pics and simple vid of your setup ass hat. Didnt ask for a life story of how you got fked in the ass.

I really tired helping him //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Pretty much this. Arguing over justified criticism/concerns of his settings, talking 4500 watts on an amp that might do only 2K maximum (with upgraded electrical), putting off custom box (which is arguably the most important part that should be first on priority), and not listing any electrical upgrades (how they hell can we recommend subs if it turns out you have a stock alternator that can't even give 1000 watts total to both subs ?).
This thread is a complete mess (you asked nicely for pictures of the setup/issue and he went all after school special on you)

since I can't find anyone in this rathole town to help build a good box in the trunk
There's a user here who makes good custom boxes and ships them anywhere in the USA (maybe if you tone down your attitude he will actually hook you up instead of shake his head at your post).
Funny how the less hostile you act the better help/support you will receive (crazy idea right ?)

Butthurt? Nah im ten years experienced too. I just asked for advice in advanced competition subs. Something I don't mess with, hell I started with a Sony CD player, and dual 460watt 2/1 channel amp, and 2 dual 12s and never questioned ohms, dvc wiring, series/parallel wiring etc, and my first system was a audiobahn 2ohm dvc 10. And no one taught me anything I just learned by kicking amps into protection mode and reading into things. I've got this system figured out now. I didnt ask to be insulted due to "lack of knowledge" and sorry I didn't see the point in sending a video off my phone of distorted music so u can try to hear the noise. Plus im pretty sure u can imagine wat two 15s in a dual vented box looks like in a back seat of a 2 door car? It's dark here in Missouri so it wasn't really easy for me to do all the work I did anyways let alone take pics and a video. Wiring is not an issue, 0 gauge to a distribution fuse block, 4 gauge going to the ab amp, 8 going to my 350 watt soundstream (powering 2 Rockford fosgate renegade 4inch 3 ways and 2 boss 350watt (125rms) bullet tweeters) . Point was i wanted a smaller set of subs that would handle the amp. I figured the 15s could I jus had sumthing wrong or they were over powered slightly-after all, the type s is only 750rms, the type r is 1000-or 1500? Don't remember exactly. Got the type s for less airspace for a custom box that no one will build for sum reason. Regardless, fixed the problem and it wasn't the amps settings it was the box slightly damaged from pressure levels. Either way. Ab subs, Orion, or jbl r one of the 3 12 in going for. So. Thanks for a strenuous pointless argument. Maturity in the younger generation, respect, and intelligence, mixed with understanding and problem solving instead of sarcasm and the need to be "better" than someone at something we enjoy as a hobby is kinda pathetic man. Take it ez pal. Work on that "noob" stuff. Respect goes both ways. U can learn alot from ppl u deem "stupid".

Butthurt? Nah im ten years experienced too. I just asked for advice in advanced competition subs. Something I don't mess with, hell I started with a Sony CD player, and dual 460watt 2/1 channel amp, and 2 dual 12s and never questioned ohms, dvc wiring, series/parallel wiring etc, and my first system was a audiobahn 2ohm dvc 10. And no one taught me anything I just learned by kicking amps into protection mode and reading into things. I've got this system figured out now. I didnt ask to be insulted due to "lack of knowledge" and sorry I didn't see the point in sending a video off my phone of distorted music so u can try to hear the noise. Plus im pretty sure u can imagine wat two 15s in a dual vented box looks like in a back seat of a 2 door car? It's dark here in Missouri so it wasn't really easy for me to do all the work I did anyways let alone take pics and a video. Wiring is not an issue, 0 gauge to a distribution fuse block, 4 gauge going to the ab amp, 8 going to my 350 watt soundstream (powering 2 Rockford fosgate renegade 4inch 3 ways and 2 boss 350watt (125rms) bullet tweeters) . Point was i wanted a smaller set of subs that would handle the amp. I figured the 15s could I jus had sumthing wrong or they were over powered slightly-after all, the type s is only 750rms, the type r is 1000-or 1500? Don't remember exactly. Got the type s for less airspace for a custom box that no one will build for sum reason. Regardless, fixed the problem and it wasn't the amps settings it was the box slightly damaged from pressure levels. Either way. Ab subs, Orion, or jbl r one of the 3 12 in going for. So. Thanks for a strenuous pointless argument. Maturity in the younger generation, respect, and intelligence, mixed with understanding and problem solving instead of sarcasm and the need to be "better" than someone at something we enjoy as a hobby is kinda pathetic man. Take it ez pal. Work on that "noob" stuff. Respect goes both ways. U can learn alot from ppl u deem "stupid".

right......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif 10 years experience

"tone down? " excuse me for being tired of being insulted for being a "noob". I said I can't find anyone in my rathole town. If that's a bad tone then take it personally lol. "Houston Missouri" not exactly a place to get audio hookups at all. U build it all by yourself. Same with your cars, something breaks, ur better off fixing it. This is a "hick town" ppl here don't care for audio. And ive been ripped off Enuf here to tlk smack about where I live, sry tht u don't like that, didn't have to read it. But I don't think he can make a box that is less than 14 3/4in just to get thru the opening of my trunk, lol I have to have it made into the trunk is the problem

right......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif 10 years experience
Tens years experience, doesn't list any electrical specs and is working with brands like Fosgate, Boss, Orion, and AB lowend line.... (seems legit !)

"tone down? " excuse me for being tired of being insulted for being a "noob". I said I can't find anyone in my rathole town. If that's a bad tone then take it personally lol. "Houston Missouri" not exactly a place to get audio hookups at all. U build it all by yourself. Same with your cars, something breaks, ur better off fixing it. This is a "hick town" ppl here don't care for audio. And ive been ripped off Enuf here to tlk smack about where I live, sry tht u don't like that, didn't have to read it. But I don't think he can make a box that is less than 14 3/4in just to get thru the opening of my trunk, lol I have to have it made into the trunk is the problem
Your tone is ignoring/blowing off users who are telling you a potential issue and then mocking there support (also lack of vital information such as electrical work that has been done and what freaking vehicle your even driving)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...