Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ?

• ?

• ?

• Total voters
"tone down? " excuse me for being tired of being insulted for being a "noob". I said I can't find anyone in my rathole town. If that's a bad tone then take it personally lol. "Houston Missouri" not exactly a place to get audio hookups at all. U build it all by yourself. Same with your cars, something breaks, ur better off fixing it. This is a "hick town" ppl here don't care for audio. And ive been ripped off Enuf here to tlk smack about where I live, sry tht u don't like that, didn't have to read it. But I don't think he can make a box that is less than 14 3/4in just to get thru the opening of my trunk, lol I have to have it made into the trunk is the problem

Kreg jig problem solved

Alright man. I don't gotta prove anything . I put subs in my moms car when I was 12 lmao just cuz she didn't have a CD player. Back when Walmart was selling those cheap lightning audio amps? Sony xplode CD player and 400watt lightning audio amp and two Rockford fosgate 15p1s (the old school paper cone ). Actually had no idea wat I was doing, had a 12 box and cut it to make them fit and cut the back off so it was deep Enuf (truck box for dual 12s, and tried to extend it.. ) worst looking box I've ever seen. Lmao

Lmao Yup. I started @ ten. Never went to school/college, and I didn't ever pay attention to setting filters I did everything by how it sounded, never blew anything in my life except my Rockford fosgate renegades and that's bc I had everything running off a 4 channel 4000watt amp and turned my bass in my CD player up. U want specs so badly? Im running a 230a h/o alt, 2 yellow cap 12v batts, had a 4 farad cap but it quit, a 220a anl fuse at my batt, a 140 at my dis. Block goin to the vfl, and a 150 goin to my soundstream, I have the rf renegades running at 75 rms @4 ohms, and the boss bullet tweeters running at 100rms@ 2ohm, I haven't clamped the ab amp but I clamped my 4 channel at 13.4v with my cap at the time and it was pushing about 1250@4ohm bridged into each 15. I have nothing running off my pioneer fxhbt head unit it's running both amps instead of using it's channels. So ya im a noob all right

Lmao Yup. I started @ ten. Never went to school/college, and I didn't ever pay attention to setting filters I did everything by how it sounded, never blew anything in my life except my Rockford fosgate renegades and that's bc I had everything running off a 4 channel 4000watt amp and turned my bass in my CD player up. U want specs so badly? Im running a 230a h/o alt, 2 yellow cap 12v batts, had a 4 farad cap but it quit, a 220a anl fuse at my batt, a 140 at my dis. Block goin to the vfl, and a 150 goin to my soundstream, I have the rf renegades running at 75 rms @4 ohms, and the boss bullet tweeters running at 100rms@ 2ohm, I haven't clamped the ab amp but I clamped my 4 channel at 13.4v with my cap at the time and it was pushing about 1250@4ohm bridged into each 15. I have nothing running off my pioneer fxhbt head unit it's running both amps instead of using it's channels. So ya im a noob all right

Lmao yes you are a noob^

Lmao Yup. I started @ ten. Never went to school/college, and I didn't ever pay attention to setting filters I did everything by how it sounded, never blew anything in my life except my Rockford fosgate renegades and that's bc I had everything running off a 4 channel 4000watt amp and turned my bass in my CD player up. U want specs so badly? Im running a 230a h/o alt, 2 yellow cap 12v batts, had a 4 farad cap but it quit, a 220a anl fuse at my batt, a 140 at my dis. Block goin to the vfl, and a 150 goin to my soundstream, I have the rf renegades running at 75 rms @4 ohms, and the boss bullet tweeters running at 100rms@ 2ohm, I haven't clamped the ab amp but I clamped my 4 channel at 13.4v with my cap at the time and it was pushing about 1250@4ohm bridged into each 15. I have nothing running off my pioneer fxhbt head unit it's running both amps instead of using it's channels. So ya im a noob all right��
Finally (after 50 post and constant arguing you gave us something of substance, your specs and acknowledgement that the settings might be off).
Still a noob though (farad caps= noob, yellow top= noob, every single brand of speaker/amplifiers you have= noob brands).

Nothing wrong with being a noob (this forum can get you in the right direction)

Right. U do realize the specs for the 4 channel amp was a boss onyx fnx. And I wasn't arguing, I asked One simple question. I don't waste time going to spl competitions and trying to prove anything, I jus wanted a decent loud system, I do this as a hobby, obviously this is the wrong place for advice on anything as a hobby since everyone actually tries to actually prove you wrong, when realistically, the subs arent even bottoming out in the first place, problem is technically solved, needing a new box that would fit in my small *** trunk but at this point, I'd rather have 12s that can be just as loud as the type s, u say the vfl is "lowend". The type s 15d4 was 350 with a box, this amp was barely 100 less, unless u suggest the ph4000. IDK what else to go for, I was looking for a high output monoblock, and this is way more than the 4 channel I had pushing my whole system

Right. U do realize the specs for the 4 channel amp was a boss onyx fnx. And I wasn't arguing, I asked One simple question. I don't waste time going to spl competitions and trying to prove anything, I jus wanted a decent loud system, I do this as a hobby, obviously this is the wrong place for advice on anything as a hobby since everyone actually tries to actually prove you wrong, when realistically, the subs arent even bottoming out in the first place, problem is technically solved, needing a new box that would fit in my small *** trunk but at this point, I'd rather have 12s that can be just as loud as the type s, u say the vfl is "lowend". The type s 15d4 was 350 with a box, this amp was barely 100 less, unless u suggest the ph4000. IDK what else to go for, I was looking for a high output monoblock, and this is way more than the 4 channel I had pushing my whole system

If you clamped your 4ch was doing 1250watts bridged x2 then that amp is more powerful then the American bass 4480.1 mono hybrid

say the vfl is "lowend". The type s 15d4 was 350 with a box, this amp was barely 100 less, unless u suggest the ph4000. IDK what else to go for, I was looking for a high output monoblock, and this is way more than the 4 channel I had pushing my whole system
The VFL "Hybrid" series is lowend that doesn't even to close to rated power and is made in China. The regular american bass VFL (Just regular "VFL", no hybrid) is made in Korea and is an amazing amplifier.
Here's the Difference, this the the Chinese VFL 4480 Hybrid that claims 4500 watts and is build in china

20130204_211426_zpsd9231287.jpg

This is the Korean VFL 175.1 that claims a little over 3000 watts

VFL-175.1-3300Watts-amp.png

There not even in the same league (one's a lowend chinese amp that won't do half rated, the other is a stout korean amp that will do rated).

I was only using one of the "2" channels (the rear to be specific) the vfl is pushing them sooo much harder. If u have a better amp in mind then go for it but im most likely replacing the subs at this point, I need my back seat back, at least for the time being.. I'd rather have 2 sealed truck boxes (or similar) and have them shoved next to the 12s in my trunk later lmao

I was trying to find the difference when I ordered them but really was just in a hurry at that point bc I sold my 4 channel so I didn't have anything to power my subs so they were just sitting there all lonely lmao

only thing i can see is, your setting aren't correct. all the filters on the CD player set them to off or full pass. turn the gain all the way down turn the HPF all the way up and turn the bass boost off and set the CD players sub output on 0. turn it up slowly and take a video playing a 30 hz test tone so we can see..

I'll try to explain this the best I can, it's a pioneer fh-x70 bt unit (I think) the sub cntrls are: subw:50hz,63,80,100,160,200(+6 or -24 which eliminates any bass at all and acts as a 2nd gain control actually, and a -6/-12 setting next to it that (im guessing) adds a slight bass boost) hpf on the CD player is the only hpf settings in the system(amp doesn't have one) and it follow the same settings a's the lpf except for the +6/-24, it only has the -6/-12 "db" setting. There's loudness, and sub:nor/rev/and off, which if I turn off, since both amps are running off the output it's shuts the whole system down, I did find a board knocking in the box, reset alot of the amp but im still looking for 12s to replace them for the time being whether they're damaged/overpowered or not, the box is custom made for the subs just not for the car, kinda the issue honestly, having a 250lb system in my back seat wasn't part of my plan when I sent off to get the box made, it's 1 1/4in to wide to fit in the opening of the trunk or it's perfect other wise. As for "knowing" everything about systems, I don't claim to. I just learned everything on my own, learned from mistakes. Easier than being told you're wrong.

Next time use a builder that uses birch or birch ply. Its literally half the weight of MDF and is stronger than MDF.

You need to lower your gain even more, have the sub sonic filter at 75% of box tuning so your box is tuned to 32hz, subsonic = 24hz

If you are getting ridiculous slapping noises then either something is wrong with the amp right out of the box (happened with a 4480.1 hybrid i had back then) OR your box is tuned much MUCH higher than you expected and its causing the subwoofer to unload. OR there is something wrong with your subwoofer's suspension and cannot handle the excursion of the lower notes.

Loudness should not affect the turning on of either amps on the system. It just boosts the bass so you hit harder at a lower volume or it makes up for songs that have zero bass in the recording like oldies rock. Have it off and use your volume knob to turn up much higher to 80% of your max volume and reset the gain again properly.

I know you feel like you've been through a lot and everyone on this forum has their own journeys too, however most of these guys are big league competitors with 4 18s and 20,000 watts RMS with multiple Alternators, custom door panels, digital sound processors ETC... doing 160 dbs. Along with guys with small 8s that destroy most people's dual 15 setups. We all keep up on amplifier knowledge and info and sorry to say that vfl hybrid is pretty trash because of how bad the quality control in their factory is. I myself and a few others got burned from buying that amp.

There's experience and then there's knowledge. There's making a mistake and learning from it and there's doing the job right the first time and not wasting any time or money from making that mistake. People are open to help you if you put out the time and effort to at least put a video on youtube showing them what that noise is and we can easily diagnose what the issue is with the slapping noise you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Calm down man, original question was suggestion of 12s, .
to answer that, any of the subs on these sites will downright smash whatever you've ever owned easily. These are the big boy competition league subs. The amps and basically anything else on these sites are better than anything you've ever experienced as well.

Subs - SSA STORE

8" - 18" Best Car Subwoofers & Sound Systems | Droppin' Hz

These subs are american made coils and are basically double the weight of your type S subs motor wise. hella beefy as all hell.

http://www.fuaudio.com/#!fu750/c1hut

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...