Bed Cut Questions

mcquesten
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
TN
I want to do a bed cut in my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 single cab. It would be for 4 12"s. How much do you think this would cost, and is there anyone one here in or around the West, TN area that can do it?

instead of cutting metal

what do you think about getting a nice shell and just doing a blow thru by taking out the rear window

much cheaper and you can put it back together

instead of cutting metal
what do you think about getting a nice shell and just doing a blow thru by taking out the rear window

much cheaper and you can put it back together
I'm having a hard time picturing what that would look like. Can you post up a pic.

And no I probably wouldn't be selling the truck anytime soon.

I'm having a hard time picturing what that would look like. Can you post up a pic.
And no I probably wouldn't be selling the truck anytime soon.
ill see if my friend has any pics of the s10 he did

really all you would do it build a box with the subs and port high up where your rear window is at

take the window out

get a nice camper shell and seal it very good

everything would be right behind your head

the pic is small but here you go

http://www.alphaomegaautosound.biz/Installs/Audio/pictures/Rogers%20S-15%20006.jpg

http://www.alphaomegaautosound.biz/Installs/Audio/pictures/Rogers%20S-15%20001.jpg

If you were closer to Nashville, I could do it for you.
How much would you charge? That would be for cutting the bed building the box, and hooking everything up. There would be two amps as well wires are already ran for 1.

Bones nvm I see what you mean now. I don't really want a camper top. I already have a really nice fiberglass cover on the bed anyway.

How much would you charge? That would be for cutting the bed building the box, and hooking everything up. There would be two amps as well wires are already ran for 1.
Bones nvm I see what you mean now. I don't really want a camper top. I already have a really nice fiberglass cover on the bed anyway.
kmanian can take care of you. does some nice work

no problem it was an idea

if you dotn plan on getting rid of it go big then:D

PM me and we can talk.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

you could always be sneaky, keep the pieces you cut and if you ever want to sell the truck get them welded back on. The paneling on the inside of the truck will cover the inside seam and get a liner for the bed so itll cover the seem in there and you wont be able to see the seams between the bed and cab lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.