Battery isolater

Participant count
  • Participant list

thatguy12
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
so i am finally about to start my new system. just waiting on a few things. whats the best route to hook my batts up? i will have a 200 amp alt. i ordered two crescendo 31 Hp batts, but i also have a shuriken bt 80. i want to use my shuriken for my up front batter and i am going to have multiple runs of 1/0 gauge, both for positive and negative. do i need to buy a battery isolater, and if so what kind. i have been told that the cheap ones like the nvx 500 amp relay. if one is not used will that make affect my rear batteries capabilities? I keep getting different answers from different people.

IMO Battery isolator is good so when the car is off it separates the batteries and it won't drain your starting battery, I have one installed.

IMO Battery isolator is good so when the car is off it separates the batteries and it won't drain your starting battery, I have one installed.
whats a safe kind for the power ill be running? those mini stinger and nvx ones i heard get really hot when you run a decent amount of power.

Well, that I don't know, but I'm currently running a 200 amp isolator for what I have(stated on my signature) and I haven't had a problem yet. But to be honest I haven't monitored the temperature on my isolator.

Well, that I don't know, but I'm currently running a 200 amp isolator for what I have(stated on my signature) and I haven't had a problem yet. But to be honest I haven't monitored the temperature on my isolator.
do you have a little circle one or a 3 post square one? on a side note how is your voltage when playing? i will have very similar power and electrical as you

Mine is the circular one with 4 posts. With the voltage I'm still trying to fix what's going on, I'm thinking I have a bad ground somewhere.

Wire all batts together, with a 4kw amp you won't be playing with the car off....
i probly never will play with car off. so no battery isolater between the differnt batts? i always fuse and mantain my batteries.

i probly never will play with car off. so no battery isolater between the differnt batts? i always fuse and mantain my batteries.
Correct, no isolater needed and fuse at BOTH ends of the POS runs from front to back...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

thatguy12

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
thatguy12
Madtown, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date