Battery Gurus, Help Please!

Hey Brandon, I looked around and this was the only thing I could find that might help. I am not familiar with the space available in your engine bay, but I thought it might be worth you taking a look. Hope this helps!
Rugged Ridge DUAL BATTERY TRAY KITS FOR JEEP CJ WRANGLER - JCWhitney
thank you for the help joseph, I have seen these, the only problem is it will only hold optimas...and I doubt 2 redtops can power this system and my car =\, correct me if I am wrong there please.

FYI Redtops are not the same as yellow tops which are deepcycles. In other words, if a battery is not a deepcycle, it shouldn't be depleted rapidly. Hence why redtops make good starting batts and yellow tops are good for running off your amps.

OP if you know anyone who is good with welding you can have them make you a custom battery rack which will hang underneath your vehicle.

I just can't wait until I can get this finished and finally enjoy bass again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. It has been too long without bass D:

I went back and looked, and I found this little it of info (Hidden in a jumble of tiny fine print lol)

"CJ & Wrangler kits place the battery side-by-side and may be used with lead acid or cylindrical-style sealed gel cell batteries."

So I think if it's for the CJ You can use both cylindrical and box lead acid batteries, but if it's for the TJ, it says this=

"TJ Wrangler kits stack the batteries and are for use with cylindrical-style sealed gel cell batteries ONLY due to the battery mounting."

So I am thinking it might just be the style you order. I still honestly don't know if it could fit your application. If it does work, You might be able to use a regular battery and a high amp battery, just as long as it has about the same dimensions as a regular battery.

I would hate for this to not work for you, but if it didn't, I am almost positive they would let you return it without problems!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I went back and looked, and I found this little it of info (Hidden in a jumble of tiny fine print lol) "CJ & Wrangler kits place the battery side-by-side and may be used with lead acid or cylindrical-style sealed gel cell batteries."

So I think if it's for the CJ You can use both cylindrical and box lead acid batteries, but if it's for the TJ, it says this=

"TJ Wrangler kits stack the batteries and are for use with cylindrical-style sealed gel cell batteries ONLY due to the battery mounting."

So I am thinking it might just be the style you order. I still honestly don't know if it could fit your application. If it does work, You might be able to use a regular battery and a high amp battery, just as long as it has about the same dimensions as a regular battery.

I would hate for this to not work for you, but if it didn't, I am almost positive they would let you return it without problems!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I have a TJ and have already investigated this idea...it seems to be a dead end...however I will call the manufacturers and ask them again haha.

what are you going to be running that will need that much power?
I have 2 custom made 10's that will be powered by my Crescendo BC3500....... each sub will be getting roughly 2350 watts.... so thats a total of 4700 watts for both subs....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bassin Brandon
Bay Area, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Bassin Brandon
Screenshot_20240518-030709~2.png