before i tear it all apart again

JoeGibs
10+ year member

last night i finally got around to installing a headunit in my work truck. i've had a pioneer deh-p8600mp laying around, so i decided it needed a home. 5 minutes after installing, i'm driving down the street and the right front speaker cuts out. all the speakers are running on the headunit, and all of them still work except this one speaker. i soldered all of my connections, so i doubt that any came apart. so either one of the channels on the HU's amp went out, or the speaker mysteriously blew.

i've blown my fair share of speakers, and i've never had a speaker quit, its always distorted and farted with tons of abuse before finally cutting out. and at the same time, i dont understand why a channel on a nice HU would go out like this.

opinions before i tear it apart?

stock speakers. a terminal falling off the speaker sounds like a good culprit to point a finger at. i'm just trying to save myself any unnecessary deconstruction, being its my work truck and not my personal vehicle

the speaker somehow came back on when i was driving tonight ... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

hopefully it stays like this, but if i do need to tear into something, i'm going to point my finger at the HU or the ****** wiring harness plugs. the speaker has never cut out before in the 3 years i've been driving this truck.

If u have a 9v batt laying around put the speaker wire on it....no sound means it may be the speaker or connection...sound and it means the hu channel is bad

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.