Sub-woofer Wiring Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

maxlaitinen

Hi, I recent purchased two Kenwood KFC-112 12" Sub-woofers with a 350 Watt kenwood Amp. Whenever the LPF filter is on only one subwoofer ends up working (the right one I'm pretty sure). If the LPF filter is off they both work, but it doesn't cut out the high ends and its very week so most of the music ends up sounding like crap. Any advice would be extremely appreciated because i feel like i've tried everything to fix it.

Was the purchase made as used items? Because it sounds like an internal electrical issue with the amplifier. The inductance of the low pass filter is connected still in parallel with the full range circuit, so what it sounds like is the inductor or a component in that phase of the circuit within the amplifier is not functioning correct. Its likely not the wiring of the drivers, unless the issue started after intinal operation....where I would ask, are the drivers connected with too low of an impedance for the amplifier? This would cause a manfunction of the LP network where it tried to work too hard to get power that it didn't have. This is less of a possibility with higher frequencies. So, it sounds like the amplifier was misused before. Without knowing anything other than what was mentioned initially, this would be my first assumption.

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

Also, is the amp a 2 channel amp?

another possibility...test the subs on a different amp. One of the subs could have an issue as well, but less likely as they are passive. Just some things to check out. Hope it helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.