basic cassette deck wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

zombified

Hi there, im new at car audio and was wondering something:

i bought a deck off ebay, and there was no wiring instructions with it so im wondering what wires hook up to where? i think i have the speakers figured out because theres 5 pairs of two wires except one pair is on the same side of the adapter which makes me think that that ones not a speaker wire.

so im just wondering what color wires should be going where? (power, etc...)

help asap would be greatly appreciated ! email me at cdoran@crrstv.net! thanks!

The yellow(battery) wire is the main power wire and should be connected to a constant 12 volt source. The red (ignition) wire should be connected to a switched 12 volt source so that it only turns on when the keys are in the ignition. Both yellow and red wires should be fused. The black(ground) wire should be attached to bare metal that is welded to vehicle chassis. There should be 8 wires that go to 4 speakers. Any other wires are not important.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.