Wiring 1980's sears cassette deck

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nineteen ninety two

CarAudio.com Newbie
Usa
Not including speaker wires and ground.I need help matching to modern colors. 1980's sears owners manual=  R e d wire connect to the existing radio power wire or to fuse marked "radio" "ign" "fused" or "acc fused".  P i nk wire connect to a wire or fuse which is on regardless of the position of ignition key.Normally made to the cigarette lighter wire .Yellow wire=power antenna activating wire,12 volt +..Need matching to  the.Colors on scosche connector left are Orange=illumination/dimmer , dark  blue= power antenna,  Red=12 volt ignition/switched (12V+).This is going in an 85 elcamino.Previously had an kenwood cd player with the orange and blue taped off.

What are you asking exactly?
Old red to new red. (accessory/ignition wire)
Old pink to battery voltage, (12v/battery/hot wire)
Old yellow to new dark blue, (to make your antennae go up and down).
New Orange is to your dash illumination. (this will make your head unit dim with your dash lights). Not necessary to connect it. You can probably set the brightness on the head unit if you want to keep it steady. If its not on your harness, you would need to tap into the wire somewhere around the dimmer switch.

Thanks.I appreciate the help.

Attachments

• 20230510_105557.jpg
    20230510_105557.jpg
    521.2 KB · Views: 18
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...