Basic active subwoofer installation information.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Merton69

CarAudio.com Newbie
Bristol
New here, so hello to All.
At the young age of 53 I have just bought myself my first car (bl*ody divorce!!).
I have recently bought an InPhase Active Subwoofer that will hook up to my Civic '09's factory Head Unit. Got to keep things cheap as court fees are ££££'s.
Anyway, I have been told that I need an IOC and saw an excellent one on Amazon (SCOSCHE LOC2SL Line-Out Converter with Bass Control) that includes a wire that will connect to the SW's power input that will switch it off and on the the car is switched off and on so it doesn't drain the battery.
Does this mean I don't have to run a power cable from the battery as the instructions suggest please?
Note: The instructions are on the understanding it is an aftermarket car stereo and not a factory head unit.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-19 at 18.10.35.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-19 at 18.10.35.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Thanks for replying 1aespinoza.

Apologies, IOC means LOC (I have edited it ;)).

The speakers are in the rear doors, so best to splice into the back of the HU and run along the car, along side the yellow power cable from the battery?

Amongst the cables given is the one shown in the attached image. I presume this goes into the S/W block and extended the length of the car and then spliced into the HUnit L&R output cables?

Does that sound right? 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_0842.JPG
    IMG_0842.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 16
Looking at the numbered cables in the attached image:-

1 Yellow cable with fuse, goes from the battery to the terminal 12V.
2 Blue and White cable, goes from the back of the HU to the terminal REM.
3 Black Cable, goes from some bare metal to the terminal GND.
4 Grey/White/Black cables, block in the back of the SW to the back of the HU's speaker cables.

(See diagram).

Attachments

• Back-of-Subwoofer.jpg
    Back-of-Subwoofer.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 14
  • Numbered-Cables.jpg
    Numbered-Cables.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 13
  • SubWoofer cabling2.jpg
    SubWoofer cabling2.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 14
Looking at the numbered cables in the attached image:-

1 Yellow cable with fuse, goes from the battery to the terminal 12V.
2 Blue and White cable, goes from the back of the HU to the terminal REM.
3 Black Cable, goes from some bare metal to the terminal GND.
4 Grey/White/Black cables, block in the back of the SW to the back of the HU's speaker cables.

(See diagram).
Yes to all.

Yet again, thanks for your expertise and time.

If the yellow cable is coming direct from the battery, will that mean the amp/SW be on all the time and therefore drain the battery please?

As you can see in the numbered cable image, No.4 will not be long enough to travel from the SW to the HUnit, so please, what cable do I need to purchase to extend cable No.4 from the SW to splice into the back of the HUnit?

Yet again, thanks for your expertise and time.

If the yellow cable is coming direct from the battery, will that mean the amp/SW be on all the time and therefore drain the battery please?
No, the remote wire is the trigger for the amp. When it gets no power, the amp will shut down.
As you can see in the numbered cable image, No.4 will not be long enough to travel from the SW to the HUnit, so please, what cable do I need to purchase to extend cable No.4 from the SW to splice into the back of the HUnit?
18 or 16 AWG speaker wire. Color does not matter.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...