Bartery fuse ?

tb3103

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have the rockford fosgate prime 1200.1 and the prime r2 500×4 channel amps. I have Shuriken 1250 power cell in the trunk. I use 0 guage wire to power to distribution block. My question is I have a 200 amp fuse under my hood do I use another 200 amp fuse before the power cell battery in my trunk?

Yes. If the power wire ever shorted out and you didn’t have the rear fuse. The front fuse would blow, but the rear battery would still be connected to the short.

I have the rockford fosgate prime 1200.1 and the prime r2 500×4 channel amps. I have Shuriken 1250 power cell in the trunk. I use 0 guage wire to power to distribution block. My question is I have a 200 amp fuse under my hood do I use another 200 amp fuse before the power cell battery in my trunk?
Like this... The fused cable is going in to this UltraCap. The other power cable is going to fused distribution blocks.

20240222-100103-HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. If the power wire ever shorted out and you didn’t have the rear fuse. The front fuse would blow, but the rear battery would still be connected

Like this... The fused cable is going in to this UltraCap. The other power cable is going to fused distribution blocks.

View attachment 59051
Thank you for the visual. So just fuse my main battery back to the power cell and then a line off that to a distribution block.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...