Balance/Fade questions

Participant count
  • Participant list
my guess is you used a line output converter off of the rear speaker wires because it was easier. however, using the fader will change the signal to the rears and thus affect sub output.

simply wire the LOC to the front speaker wires (easily accessed behind head unit) and you can now fade to front without loss of signal (but will lose signal if you fade to rear - no reason to do that though).

my guess is you used a line output converter off of the rear speaker wires because it was easier. however, using the fader will change the signal to the rears and thus affect sub output.
simply wire the LOC to the front speaker wires (easily accessed behind head unit) and you can now fade to front without loss of signal (but will lose signal if you fade to rear - no reason to do that though).
I had a local audio shop wire my system so I guess that's what they did

Yes, rear speakers are easier to access and thus cheaper to do. I only tap rear speakers if I disconnect the rears. If I leave the rears I will tap the fronts behind the head unit.
^^^ this, and too many factory systems have limited rear channel level and/or factory EQ. I like to start with the cleanest full range signal I can get and the factory front channel is going to be closest to that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.