Need advice on amps

D.dog

My current amp, an old Sony will currently only power one of my 2 subs when bridged. They're Rockford fosgate 10" punch subs. Both subs work, however only one of the 2 terminals work on the amp. That said, I'm not too knowledgable on sound systems and would like help in figuring out a new amp to get. Preferably as inexpensive as possible. I don't need to shatter any windows or blow out eardrums, I just need something that will power my 2 subs and last me.

Thanks,

Dan

Gary, the subs are Rockford Punch subs. 4 Ohm DVC, unsure on individual wattage.

Jeff, The amp is a sony XM-3040F, its ancient, but its what I have at the moment. I'm hoping to upgrade to something less antiquated and more functional.

Thanks,

-Dan

If they're DVC 4 ohm you can wire each sub to 8 ohms (voice coils in series) then wire the 2 subs in parallel for a final impedence of 4 ohms.
Forgive my lack of knowledge, but I had to have my brother practically soon feed me with the installation. So how would I go about doing that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.