BAD A$$ Cobalt SS Build (Opinions?)

Omarquez
10+ year member

Ok heres the scoop...im pretty new on here so i jus wanted to make this thread to get some opinions. I have an 06 Cobalt SS that i am putting a system in and i will upload some pics when done, but i want to knw what everyone thinks about this setup....Thanks!!

Head Unit: Kenwood DDX-814

Speakers: Stock Pioneer System

Amp: Hifonics BXI2006D

Wire: 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kollosus Flex

Enclosure: 3.2 Cubic feet tuned at 33 hz.

Sub: 1 FI fully Loaded BTL

thats not bad ass at all, one being its quite mediocre at best, 2 being everyone and there mother has that setup, 3 being your a doorknob and running stock cobalt HORRIBLE door speakers

though the Cobalt uses Pioneer...such as many makes of vehicles use name brand speakers...such as Rockford...Infinity...Sony...Kenwood...ect...They all use bottom of the line name brand crap ...my HHR had the Pioneer upgrade and the speakers sounded like crap....I'm sure they are the same speakers used in the Cobalt....

You think the stock pioneers are that bad? Ive never heard them, but my altima has the clarion system. Front comps and rear 6x9s. Actually sounds decent I think.

As for you sub setup, that's the same thing iv'e got //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

A couple things you should consider. You're going to NEED electrical upgrades with that much power...you need to do the big 3 for sure, and a bigger/second battery or alternator.

That amp only does 1600 watts also, just so you know.

That said, i'd say your box is significantly too small. A larger box is going to be more efficient since you're not giving that BTL enough power to begin with. Mine's in 4.4 cubes, and I had previously had it in 4.0 and it wasn't enough.

You think the stock pioneers are that bad? Ive never heard them, but my altima has the clarion system. Front comps and rear 6x9s. Actually sounds decent I think.
They are HORRIBLE!!! Ive heard 2 vehicles, one with a substage, one without, both sounded GROSS

As for you sub setup, that's the same thing iv'e got //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.
A couple things you should consider. You're going to NEED electrical upgrades with that much power...you need to do the big 3 for sure, and a bigger/second battery or alternator.

That amp only does 1600 watts also, just so you know.

That said, i'd say your box is significantly too small. A larger box is going to be more efficient since you're not giving that BTL enough power to begin with. Mine's in 4.4 cubes, and I had previously had it in 4.0 and it wasn't enough.

ithe does not state what size sub he is using and your already asuming his box is to small it could be a 12 an if it is the box is fine or it could be and 18 and box is way to tiny

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.