BAD Install- Water LEAKING!

Yea that's what everyone is telling me. But I have just confirmed it was not a hole, but a GAP that was left above the grommet on the driverside firewall. Car is a g37, grommet is apparently notorious for these leaks with amp installs and aftermarket alarms.

UPDATE BELOW

HOW DO I PROCEED? I am extremely worried my car is toast, water sat for 8 days before discovered and vacuumed. I have been attempting to dry with heat/ac (Its winter here).
Will mold leave me with a totaled car? I don't know who to contact. Lawyer, insurance, mold experts?

Original installer got insulted when i requested he check for errors today.
Took to most reputable shop in area, they found a gap he created pictured below. Shop says he should have poked hole and sealed, but instead ran power cable above grommet, leaving a gap for water to enter. I will take to car wash to confirm its leaking there

Went back 10min later to original installer. He was pissed and more insulted. Said other shop was clueless, he fixes their botched jobs all the time. After I ask he look, he laughed and spoke condescendingly at the idea of pulling car in for deeper inspection. He took second look, and IMMEDIATELY changed tone. He told me would pull car in and adjust power cable. Then said he was just going to remove it so I can see that its not the cause. I refused. He began to insist over and over for 2min, and even tried jumping into my car to move it without my permission! He wreaked of desperation and wouldn't let me leave. He was really pushy, so I left as I felt he was trying to hide evidence by removing the cable. Car will be parked until I figure out who to contact as Im worried for health. Any Advice? Insurance? Mold expert for damages- then small claims court?

View attachment 46186
I sometimes use my State's Attorney General - Consume Protection Division for issues with businesses. They are usually pretty good at getting businesses to address my concerns.

All that carpet will have to be ripped out and replaced. There is no other way around it to get it done properly. Seal both sides of the penetration is what needs to happen as well.

All that carpet will have to be ripped out and replaced. There is no other way around it to get it done properly. Seal both sides of the penetration is what needs to happen as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...