Good Setup for Std. Cab 91' S10

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dean
10+ year member

Bangin' S10
Hi there, I've been reading on this site for a while now trying to get the feel of whats good and whats not. My truck currently has the Panasonic CQ-C1100U head unit, that came with it, and everything else is stock. I was thinking about getting a dual 10" truck box for behind my bench seat, and dropping 2 10" subs in the box. I was thinking maybe 2 JBL's? For the amp I was thinking maybe a 1000W crunch audio? And for speakers, I have a pair of 4 x 6's in the front, and a pair of 4 x 10s in the far rear. I have a total of $300 to work with, and was hoping some of you guys/girls could help me!

That's the kind of feedback I'm looking for, I'm not disappointed it's just i'll have to save up some more dough. If you guys say $300 is not enough to make it worth while, what would you spend in my situation, and what would you buy to make it worth my time and effort?

I think 500-ish is more doable for a half-way decent setup but realize, things like wiring and install kits are not free. Im seeing 1000 w crunch audios in the 150 dollar range. Say 150 for the amp. 80 bucks for budget front speakers. Maybe some budget subs for 100 bucks for two tens. You're already at over 300 and you haven't looked at a box, install materials, and labor costs yet and you've also left out the rear fill. IF you can install yourself or bribe someone who knows what they're doing with a 6 pack it would help.

Back again guys. I shorted out my shitty bazooka amp lol. I know i did because i screwed around with the remote cable while the power cable fuse was in and the key was turned on. Replaced the blown fuse still no power lol thing smells fried too. I currenty have a 12" sony xplod subwoofer with a sealed enclosure which I plan on selling. I'm gonna save up some money and do this right now. The 12" xplod i have crammed behind my bench seat now is giving me no leg room as it is. Would 2 tens be louder by any chance?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.