BAD A$$ Cobalt SS Build (Opinions?)

Well i already ordered the 15" Fi BTL and i dnt think its gonna sound that bad with that hifonics...but i am gonna do big three....and im gonna get a kinetic 2500 or 2800...and i also want to knw how u can get 4.4 cubes in a cobalt trunk?

Just fit the biggest box you can in then. I don't know what a cobalt trunk looks like.

If you can't fit a properly sized box, you would have been better off with a 12" in it's correct box. Otherwise, the sub will be choked.

As for amps....AP3000d comes to mind for cheap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Just fit the biggest box you can in then. I don't know what a cobalt trunk looks like.
If you can't fit a properly sized box, you would have been better off with a 12" in it's correct box. Otherwise, the sub will be choked.

As for amps....AP3000d comes to mind for cheap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.
Ok so AP3000D or IA 20.1?

That Hifonics will do 1800 at 12V, 2K at 14.4.

Keep your voltage up and you'll see all of it. But youd be better off scooping up a used Crunch GP3K. I wouldnt trust those audiopipe pieces of shit

That Hifonics will do 1800 at 12V, 2K at 14.4.
Keep your voltage up and you'll see all of it. But youd be better off scooping up a used Crunch GP3K. I wouldnt trust those audiopipe pieces of shit
Do you have any proof of this? Not saying you're wrong, just curious cause i've got the same amp and could never find anyone who'd benched one...

two of my friends had/have a cobalt ss. The pioneer tweeters went out of them, if i were you id worry more about performence mods, one got chipped and stage II and all that, f'ing fast. Burring rubber all the way through second. And he just had 1 15" t1 in it and it was loud for that small car.

well the amp will do rated power fyi *(only at 14.4 volts tho. At 13.7 it will produce the 1600 ish watts) So yeah this is a monster power hungry amp. for the power range I would just buy audiopipe then. Still needs power but not as bad as the hifonics.

Ok heres the scoop...im pretty new on here so i jus wanted to make this thread to get some opinions. this setup....Thanks!! I have an 06 Cobalt SS that i am putting a system in and i will upload some pics when done, but i want to knw what everyone thinks about
Head Unit: Kenwood DDX-814

Speakers: Stock Pioneer System

Amp: Hifonics BXI2006D

Wire: 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kollosus Flex

Enclosure: 3.2 Cubic feet tuned at 33 hz.

Sub: 1 FI fully Loaded BTL
do you have a mullet?

the btl is the most efficient woofer in fi's line, on any ammount of power..

you'll be fine w/ that amp for now. Just get your electrical up to par then i would get a solid 3-4kw amp.

a 20.1 wouldn't be enough power imo.

two of my friends had/have a cobalt ss. The pioneer tweeters went out of them, if i were you id worry more about performence mods, one got chipped and stage II and all that, f'ing fast. Burring rubber all the way through second. And he just had 1 15" t1 in it and it was loud for that small car.
yea i knw...im gonna get stage 2 and three and the stage 3 clutch...and another option i had was supposibly i can get a 3.8 gtp supercharger on it and if that goes thru then i should be doin 350hp

Do you have any proof of this? Not saying you're wrong, just curious cause i've got the same amp and could never find anyone who'd benched one...
I had proof, let me find it. We benched one at my local shop. If i dont have it, ill see if they do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.