Audioque HDC3 18 on crescendo bc 5500

Participant count
  • Participant list
yea thats what i was thinking , its a spare sub so i didnt wanna mess it up b4 i had the chance to sell it so ill just keep it at 4 i guess just ***** when your use to atleast 4 15s lol

yea thats what i was thinking , its a spare sub so i didnt wanna mess it up b4 i had the chance to sell it so ill just keep it at 4 i guess just ***** when your use to atleast 4 15s lol
Yeah, well if you don't like to recone trying to feed 5K to that 18 won't be fun for long and still won't get you the output you're used to.

Idk. Id set the gains for about 3k with a dmm and let it get down. If its clean power im thinking it can handle it

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

Thats just me tho. Ive seen more then 3k on them daily

i dont have a dmm available well i do but its about a 40 minute drive plus im just using this to hold me over until my box is finished
I see... It should do pretty well on that amp tho. Id like to get ahold of the bc3k my self

I don't suggest over 1500 per HDC3 for daily..I even think 1500 is to much for them.

But what do I know...... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I don't suggest over 1500 per HDC3 for daily..I even think 1500 is to much for them.
But what do I know...... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Eh I beg the differ if you know what your doing and have the proper box. I ran my HDC3 for over a year off a Audioque 3500 at 1ohm set with o-scope. Unless your just daily listening to test tones for a 2 hour drive...a 30 minute drive at even full tilt with amp rise will likely not kill it soon... All things correct that is.

Eh I beg the differ if you know what your doing and have the proper box. I ran my HDC3 for over a year off a Audioque 3500 at 1ohm set with o-scope. Unless your just daily listening to test tones for a 2 hour drive...a 30 minute drive at even full tilt with amp rise will likely not kill it soon... All things correct that is.

Depends greatly on the music and actual power you were seeing daily. I have ran similar setups while employed at AQ and also done "torture" tests on them. In the end anything past 1500rms on a setup that is used more then a few seconds, the sub will fail. I'm sorry, but there is just not another way to say that. It is application specific, but the ending result never changes.

Will it work for a while? Sure...but heat build up will happen and if you don't shut it down..well it will fail.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Joe562MMA

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Joe562MMA
Los Angeles , CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date