Audiopipe APSM-1500 Protection for a few seconds?

I Just redid the connections, it should be great. So, what your saying is I should take a small wire and run it from the positive terminal on the amp, over to the remote terminal and that should turn it on? Wouldn't that give it more volts than it normally would handle? Also I have RCA's idk if that is same thing, sending a signal or w\e.

I Just redid the connections, it should be great. So, what your saying is I should take a small wire and run it from the positive terminal on the amp, over to the remote terminal and that should turn it on? Wouldn't that give it more volts than it normally would handle? Also I have RCA's idk if that is same thing, sending a signal or w\e.
I don't understand the last part....about the rca's

It won't hurt the amp to run a jumper from the power wire on the amp to the remote turn on. It should turn on, if not something else is messed up

no, it is the same voltage as throughout the car's 12v system.

the RCA is just the variable low voltage signal output of your HU..This should have no effect on your amp powering up. I assume the RCA's are plugged into the RCA outputs of the HU on one end and the Amplifier RCA inputs on the other?

Alright so an update.. I wiggled the power wire that is connected at the battery and it budged a itty bit. When I did that my amp powers on now, and doesn't protect.

Btw yes I did re wire it, away from .5 ohms lol.

Do you guys think this has been the culprit this whole time? Could that loose connection not transfer enough volts to the amp making it go into protect from low voltage

Did a voltage test and I'm getting 13.3 volts to my remote and .1 to my power, so it's obviously the connection at the battery. It was working and booming good then cut off and now my amp doesn't turn on no matter how I turn and twist it. I will have to wait til I get home like wednesday or thursday and tighten it down. Will report back then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Alright so an update.. I wiggled the power wire that is connected at the battery and it budged a itty bit. When I did that my amp powers on now, and doesn't protect.
Btw yes I did re wire it, away from .5 ohms lol.

Do you guys think this has been the culprit this whole time? Could that loose connection not transfer enough volts to the amp making it go into protect from low voltage
yes

Did a voltage test and I'm getting 13.3 volts to my remote and .1 to my power, so it's obviously the connection at the battery. It was working and booming good then cut off and now my amp doesn't turn on no matter how I turn and twist it. I will have to wait til I get home like wednesday or thursday and tighten it down. Will report back then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Be sure to check the fuse on the power wire also. A friend of mine had an issue the other night with his amp not turning on. A quick meter on the terminals showed like .2V coming from the power wire. Fuse under the hood was blown, or at least partially blown. When you took the old amp out to ship back, did you remove the main fuse or at least tape off the power wires in the trunk?

Be sure to check the fuse on the power wire also. A friend of mine had an issue the other night with his amp not turning on. A quick meter on the terminals showed like .2V coming from the power wire. Fuse under the hood was blown, or at least partially blown. When you took the old amp out to ship back, did you remove the main fuse or at least tape off the power wires in the trunk?
Yes I taped off all the wires so this wouldn't happen. I looked at the fuse, looks perfectly fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.