audiobahn AW1006Q questions

Participant count
  • Participant list
Today I did some test fitting with cardboard box templates, and I will be able to fit a 2.5cu. ft. box (per sub) in my trunk, so thats what Ill be going with. A couple days ago my friends audiobahn 18 blew, it was running off a power acoustic amp (running off a 60 amp fuse), and it now makes a scratching sound when you push down on the cone. any ideas as to why it blew? way less than its rms power was going to it... btw it was in a 2-3cu. ft. sealed box. any guesses?

Originally posted by spankumbottom Today I did some test fitting with cardboard box templates, and I will be able to fit a 2.5cu. ft. box (per sub) in my trunk, so thats what Ill be going with. A couple days ago my friends audiobahn 18 blew, it was running off a power acoustic amp (running off a 60 amp fuse), and it now makes a scratching sound when you push down on the cone. any ideas as to why it blew? way less than its rms power was going to it... btw it was in a 2-3cu. ft. sealed box. any guesses?
Operator Malfunction Syndrome would be my best guess. OMS happens when people buy amps that are way too small for a particular application and try to compensate by cranking the gains up to 8v. This sends the sub a nasty square wave form that causes it to get really hot and melt stuff that's really important.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.