audio system for honda fit

Hybrid Audio Imagines are great speakers to look into. They sound amazing in confined spaces and aren't too in your face. I speak from experience I had a set in a Regular cab truck.

Hybrid Audio Imagines are great speakers to look into. They sound amazing in confined spaces and aren't too in your face. I speak from experience I had a set in a Regular cab truck.
are the cost for hybrid audio less than that of the focal?

Does people still use tube subs? I'm thinking this can be a good substatute as its easy to take out if I need all my space

Most of them are below average, but then again if you're on a tight budget and don't need a lot of output they may work. If you want something you can remove easily you don't want a powered subwoofer since there's way more wires attatched than if you had a small amp under a seat and woofer/box only in the trunk.

IMO Arc amp is a good pick (though the one you mentioned may be too much power for what you're after). High quality amp is a good investment. It'll pay off it performance, reliability, and have a chance at holding some re-sale value down the road.

I'm guessing you just want to replace factory speakers and add a small subwoofer (really that's about all your budget allows). You've said you don't want to/don't have time/can't do the work yourself. Now you should consider cost of installation AND if the shop that is competent to do it will install stuff you buy elsewhere. If they'll install stuff you buy elsewhere you have more options, if not you may consider shopping around. I'd like to see you into something between Kenwood and Focal for speakers personally. Focal are good, but expensive and as has been said, really only their higher end lines are "worth" the premium price. Actually if you live near a best buy, you might take a look at the Alpine type R components (or coaxials). They're fairly priced and sound really nice IMO. Ditto for type R subs.

I would say your primary focus should be a good sounding set of components in the front and a small subwoofer in the trunk (which is easy for you to remove if that's likely to be an issue). You can keep the factory speakers in the rear powered off the head unit or just unplug them (which is what I'd do).

If you want decent bass, consider getting like an SSA DCON and an EFFICIENT 300w amp, or buy a larger amp that does 300w @ 2 or 4 ohmsohms

that's not a big system i'm sure it would fit in there

I would not probably run more than 750rms total, Not without an extra battery anyway. The big three upgrade is also a good option. Big 3 is replacing the wire for your charging system. Battery + to Alternator, Battery - to Chassis, and Motor to Chassis. Usually wanna upgrade to 1/0 and will help move electrons so your car can better provide electricity to said audio.

ELD in the Honders is a pain, because the car stops charging to save gas. You can offset this by turning on your blower, (hot or cold), turning your lights on, and driving over 65mph. You can bypass it also, but I dont think you want to do that assuming its still under warranty.

If your Fit is 09+, when you remove the radio, you will have to pop a panel out just above your lower drink holders and remove a screw before the radio pops all the way out.

The tweeters will pop out easy up top, I suggest cutting holes in the factory plastic cups or poking a hole through and running wire up to new ones on top (great factory location, and even better if you have the tweeters facing you)

The door panels come off by popping the outer plastic part of the arm rest off, you can see the clips if you look at the underside of the arm rest. The door panel clips attaching it to the actual door are a pain and may break so be careful.

Factory speakers are molded into their own little adapters. I took the factory speakers out and cut the actual cone out, then used the remaining piece for a speaker adapter pod.

Rear speakers I wouldnt even bother with.

In the back you can ground near the cargo loop in the corner near where the seats fold down.

When removing the interior trim to run wire, it is easiest to pull the door seal off or partially off and then pull straight up on the trim panels, they are connected in a weird mannor and this is the easiest way.

There is a rubber grommet behind the dash sorta up to the top on the passenger side which is good for running power wire through, just not when the engine is hot lol.

It doesnt take much to get this car loud either.

I can help with pics if needed

For bass, keep in mind i do not want to sacrifice almost no space in my fit. I need something extremely small and removable. I'm not looking for BOOOM, but rather something that will enhance my listening experience of my other speakers. A small little box no larger than a few inches thick and maybe a quality 8inch sub will do. If i need to go do my hobbies, i want to be able to easily unwire and remove the box as i'll need all the space in the back of my fit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.