audio system for honda fit

sorry guys, i was wondering if i can get some help here? Is the focal system any good? Would be it a significant upgrade from my stock system? Please advise.[/quote
From one Honda owner to another, the factory sound is very mediocre. You can get really loud in this vehicle due to size of the vehicle. Focals tend to be very in your face loud. Do some homework in pickin components as you will/can get very good equipment for $1,000. Install yourself and save a lot of money, this way you know how your system is wired for future references and troubleshooting problems if they arise. I would bridge the amp to the front comps, run the rears off the h/u.

What do you expect from this upgrade? You need to know what your weaknesses are now and find out what you can/want out of your need system. Any dealer will sell you equipment, that is their job. If you tell them what you want, getting a system tailored to "you" will make you much happier with your choices.

Well those two options seem awfully far apart. Theres alot of options in between. You should give us some more info on what kind of music you like, IF you have anywhere you can even put a single sub, and if you only want new, etc.

$1000 budget for interior setup is very good. Did you say you have an aftermarket HU, you want to integrate to the factory HU, or you need one of those too. And you have or need wires? Narrowing down how much can go actually go to an amp and speakers will help(not sure if that $1k is for everything or just amp and speakers).

Hertz makes good stuff, some people dont like em for the price but there good speakers.

Last question as was mentioned, can you do all the installs yourself or are you looking for a local shop to do it?

After listening to all of the Focal lines, I wouldnt buy any of them below the K2s. They just did not have a good a value to performance ratio IMO (same thing with Hertz, wouldnt buy anything below the Mille) ; and some people will simply never like Focal speakers as they are pretty "bright" to alot of people.

My usual bang-for-the-buck recommendation is Boston Acoustics.

But, I must say, with a budget like yours and you seem to be willing to listen and learn, I'd consider going active with raw drivers from partsexpress.com or madisound.com or companies that sell separates like CDT, etc.

You can pick up some nice drivers that fit your needs and within your budget and its pretty much guaranteed better value than virtually any component set you can buy from a car audio company.

Also, you'll definitely want some good deadening if you're not running subs but want low end extension.

After listening to all of the Focal lines, I wouldnt buy any of them below the K2s. They just did not have a good a value to performance ratio IMO (same thing with Hertz, wouldnt buy anything below the Mille) ; and some people will simply never like Focal speakers as they are pretty "bright" to alot of people.

But, I must say, with a budget like yours and you seem to be willing to listen and learn, I'd consider going active with raw drivers from partsexpress.com or madisound.com or companies that sell separates like CDT, etc.

You can pick up some nice drivers that fit your needs and within your budget and its pretty much guaranteed better value than virtually any component set you can buy from a car audio company.

Also, you'll definitely want some good deadening if you're not running subs but want low end extension.
^^^^^this most definately

This is the way I would go. It has a bigger learning curve. But has the best potential of all the suggestions. You don't need to spend a ton to get some very good speakers.

Please note I am not familiar with car audio. You mention that you wouldn't buy below K2s from Focal. Im not sure if what was recommend are below the K2s.

what do you mean by "bright" sound?

thx

Well those two options seem awfully far apart. Theres alot of options in between. You should give us some more info on what kind of music you like, IF you have anywhere you can even put a single sub, and if you only want new, etc.
$1000 budget for interior setup is very good. Did you say you have an aftermarket HU, you want to integrate to the factory HU, or you need one of those too. And you have or need wires? Narrowing down how much can go actually go to an amp and speakers will help(not sure if that $1k is for everything or just amp and speakers).

Hertz makes good stuff, some people dont like em for the price but there good speakers.

Last question as was mentioned, can you do all the installs yourself or are you looking for a local shop to do it?
My apologies, what is HU?

I like to listen to stuff like R&B/hip hop, alternative, jazz, and occasionally opera. I'm pretty open on the music i listen to.

Also i wouldn't be able to install it. I'm very busy and trying to keep it simple. I want good stuff, but I would prefer for someone to install it.

Please note I am not familiar with car audio. You mention that you wouldn't buy below K2s from Focal. Im not sure if what was recommend are below the K2s.
what do you mean by "bright" sound?

thx
Yes yours are below the K2s.

And bright means the High frequencies are pretty dominant over the mid/midbass freqs. Some have even described the tweeters as harsh.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

My apologies, what is HU?
I like to listen to stuff like R&B/hip hop, alternative, jazz, and occasionally opera. I'm pretty open on the music i listen to.

Also i wouldn't be able to install it. I'm very busy and trying to keep it simple. I want good stuff, but I would prefer for someone to install it.
HU = head unit = cd player

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I'll be using the standard head unit. I don't want to hack with any original interior.

Basically you guys are saying these speakers will not be balance in sounds in regards to low, mid, and high range.

Yes yours are below the K2s.
And bright means the High frequencies are pretty dominant over the mid/midbass freqs. Some have even described the tweeters as harsh.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

HU = head unit = cd player

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I'll be using the standard head unit. I don't want to hack with any original interior.
Basically you guys are saying these speakers will not be balance in sounds in regards to low, mid, and high range.
Iif you use your factory cd player, you have to put in a line out converter to run a sub amp. Which means a box has to be spliced into your rear speaker wires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.