audio system for honda fit

Hey guys, another question for you...

I went to this other audio shop and the guy was telling me it's better to get an after market head unit instead of using the stock head unit. He says it's a night and day difference. Is there really that much difference of using an after market head unit as opposed to using the OEM head unit? I really don't want to change my head unit. I was hoping my head unit would be irrelevant.

also, i received another recommendation..

Audison Voce speakers

Audison Sr4 amp

The guy was saying he is going to let the radio power the rears and use the other two channel for a small sub.

what do you guys think?

Aftermarket headunit is definitely the way to go. I cant believe youre even tossing it up after posting up all these expensive speakers. Install a good deck first, and then worry about an amp and speakers. Also if you turn the treble all the way up on your stock unit, it will sound much better.

283011_2019597402500_1020847011_31827132_7048192_n.jpg

My Fit looks like this most of the time lol

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif hey man, that's why I'm here asking question. I'm ignorant of car audio. These questions are my research. I was thinking all that matter was the amp and speakers. I wasn't sure if the head unit matters and if that guy was just trying to pull my leg.

Shall I get like a screen. Guy recommended kenwood ddx419. I don't want to do a basic after market head unit. Kinda an eye sore to me.

This system is becoming almost $2Gs. MAN!

Aftermarket headunit is definitely the way to go. I cant believe youre even tossing it up after posting up all these expensive speakers. Install a good deck first, and then worry about an amp and speakers. Also if you turn the treble all the way up on your stock unit, it will sound much better.

Ok Look at Hybrid audio for speakers or CDT. For amps it all depends but i guessing you want small footprint so like a massive audio nx4. Then for a sub since you want just a little boom and to sound good get a nice 8 inch sub like a daytona audio. Use 2 channels for speakers then 2 channel bridged for the sub boom. It is all in the install.

Pull the spare tire and grab a couple massive amps like Bro Diesel said. They are tiny and put out some juice. CDT or Hybrid will satisfy you. Make sure you get 3/4" tweeters though otherwise youll have to fab something together to get them to fit.

check back to my previous post. it tells you what you need about the car.

Rockfort vs hybrid, which one?

If I go with hybrid imagine, which amp?

I'm getting closer. Please bare with me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

what about the claris versions? Or will the imagine be good enough?
Both will sound great. Just go with the Unity or whatever the one between them is. Anything HAT will sound amazing, the Clarus set is one of the best out there tho.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.