Audio System for a 350z!

nomeansyes

iraq
Hey guys I am just wondering what you all think of this proposed audio system i am wanting to purchase. I will start off and say that my ride is a 2008 350z base model. FOr the head unit I am looking at an Alpine IVA-W505 mainly for its 7" touch screen and the fact that it can play DVD's. Ive also heard that Alpine has one of the best decks you can get.

Moving on to the setup in the back. the sub I am going with is an Alpine SWR-1222D ( 12" type R) with dual 2ohm voice coils. Since the power range on the sub is 200 - 500 could I use an Alpine PDX-5 (5 channel power density digital amplifer) and run 4 X 75W to each speaker and 1 X 300W to the sub? Or would that be shortchanging the sub ? The RMS for it is 500W and the peak power is 1500W. Should i Just get a 1000W amp pushing the sub and a 4 channel amp pushing the speakers??

Let me know what you guys think! Oh and im also looking for suggestions on my components.

Prices are as follows for the first setup:

Alpine IVA-W505 - $999.99

Alpine SWR-1222D - $199.99

Alpine PDX-5 - $650.00

Total - $1849.98

Now if I were to do a four channel for speakers and a mono for the sub:

Alpine IVA-W505 - $999.99

Alpine SWR-1222D - $199.99 (RMS is rated @ 500W)

Alpine MRP-F300 - $169.99 (50 watts RMS x 4)

Alpine MRP-M1000 - $450.00 (RMS Power Per channel into 4 ohms: 600W x 1 (1% THD) Per channel into 2 ohms: 1000W x 1

Total - $1819.97

Is that amp too powerful for the sub?? ( Sorry im not very audio proficient.)

Im open to any suggestions or constructive criticism. Thanks!!!

ok first off, dont get everything alpine. head unit, yes. get stuff on ebay, not direct. that sub can be had for around a hundred. also, id say get a 4ch amp and not both sub and speakers on one amp

id personally reccomend two alpine type r (1242d the 12inch dual 4 ohm coils) and run a aq1200d off them

Personally i wouldn't get anything alpine. For the money your considering spending you can do a whole lot better than that set up. Also from the looks of it, your paying list price for everything. Just buying that stuff on the internet (even from licensed dealers) can save you hundreds of dollars. If you do get the type-r, make sure you have at least 500watts for it. People commonly send 1000+ to those subs.

Speaker preference can be subjective so it would be ideal if you could audition speakers before deciding what to get. You should try to do alot more reading around before you make a purchase.

some other brands to look at:

http://www.ficaraudio.com/, http://www.usamps.com/, http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/default.asp, http://www.sundownaudio.com/, http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/, http://www.dcsoundlab.com/, http://www.audioque.com/aq/index.htm, http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/,

ok first off, dont get everything alpine. head unit, yes. get stuff on ebay, not direct. that sub can be had for around a hundred. also, id say get a 4ch amp and not both sub and speakers on one amp
id personally reccomend two alpine type r (1242d the 12inch dual 4 ohm coils) and run a aq1200d off them
Have you ever seen the back of a 350Z?

in that car a single 12 ported should really be enough

nissan_350z_coupe_touring_2008_other_trunk.jpg

nope. i know what a 350z is but never been in one or anything. so i couldent say. if its too small, i retract my last statement
They're tiny. My son has one with a single ported 10 and it's more than adequate for most bassheads.

WAY too small. Even sealed would be horridly tight. First off, you can do way better than a 505, especially for the money. Besides the fact that it's a POS, and nothing works with it. (The BT module never works, nor does the HD radio tuner, satellite isn't too bad). It's not bad for the money, but you can get a Kenwood DNX8120 for a lot less than $1000, and get 5v preouts, a bad ass EQ, Parrot BT, and a slick ass interface, with way more control than the Alpine. Not to mention the video bypass on an Alpine take a button and a toggle switch, or a PAC TR-7. A Kenwood, you just jumper the P-Brake wire to ground, and voila. Type-R's seem to be all the rage around here, but you can get better for less money.

Keep in mind... eBay goods = NO warranty. There is a LOT of fake audio gear out these days, especially of the higher end goods.

Hey, thanks for all of your input, Ive been doing some research and Im going with a Kenwood DNX8120, found one for $800 .

Ive been doing some research on some other subs and I think I might go with two 10w3v3's instead of a 12" type r. The pair goes for $299.00 on ebay.

I was wondering if someone could tell me if this box is compat. with the two 10w3v3's..

Subs:

Top-Mounting Depth: 5-7/8"

Sealed Box Volume: 0.625 cubic feet

Box:

Mounting depth - 9.00"

Mounting hole diameter - 9 1/8"

Airspace Volume- 1.40ft^3 (.70ft^3 per chamber)

I mean. it seems like they fit but I just want to make sure before I cement my plan.. Im not sure what amp to go with just yet. I gotta do some more research. what do you guys think about this so far?

Hey, thanks for all of your input, Ive been doing some research and Im going with a Kenwood DNX8120, found one for $800 .Ive been doing some research on some other subs and I think I might go with two 10w3v3's instead of a 12" type r. The pair goes for $299.00 on ebay.

I was wondering if someone could tell me if this box is compat. with the two 10w3v3's..

Subs:

Top-Mounting Depth: 5-7/8"

Sealed Box Volume: 0.625 cubic feet

Box:

Mounting depth - 9.00"

Mounting hole diameter - 9 1/8"

Airspace Volume- 1.40ft^3 (.70ft^3 per chamber)

I mean. it seems like they fit but I just want to make sure before I cement my plan.. Im not sure what amp to go with just yet. I gotta do some more research. what do you guys think about this so far?
According to JL Audio that box should work BUT JL Audio subs tend to lose low frequency output in small sealed enclosures. You might be able to extend your low frequency output by stuffing your enclosure with poly fill, available in your crafts section at your local Wal-Mart.

Personally, I was NEVER satisfied with the output of my JL Audio 10w3v2s when I had them each in .75 cubic feet sealed. It took 1,000 watts RMS to get them to come alive then they started to reach their physical limitations while trying to produce those 30 to 40 Hz bass notes. When I put them in a 2.5 cubic foot net enclosure tuned to 34 Hz, they really came to life:D

gunz4me,

Ohh really? Yeah Ive heard that JL subs do a lot better in bigger size boxes with ports but I didnt think they would perform bad in a small one. Thanks for the heads up. Do you have any other suggestions as far as 10" subs go?

edit: I took a look at some subs. I hear RE SE10D4 are good subs that do well in .75cft. Im thinking about getting two of thoses along with an XT4000d amp from US amps. Both of which are very well priced, and seem like solid products from what ive read.

just to make sure im correct, its better to get two subs with 4ohm dual voice coils right?? instead of two subs with 2ohm dual voice coils.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.