Audio System for a 350z!

gunz4me,
Ohh really? Yeah Ive heard that JL subs do a lot better in bigger size boxes with ports but I didnt think they would perform bad in a small one. Thanks for the heads up. Do you have any other suggestions as far as 10" subs go?

edit: I took a look at some subs. I hear RE SE10D4 are good subs that do well in .75cft. Im thinking about getting two of thoses along with an XT4000d amp from US amps. Both of which are very well priced, and seem like solid products from what ive read.

just to make sure im correct, its better to get two subs with 4ohm dual voice coils right?? instead of two subs with 2ohm dual voice coils.
The RE SE is a good sub but I'd rather have 1 ported than I would 2 sealed. I haven't tried one personally but I've heard nothing but bad things about the XT line of US Amps.

Find a good shop, be it online or local and start talking with them instead of a whole pile of guys on a forum who think what is best for you. One guy had no idea of the space you have available yet is offering advice? What about the rest of the people who populate these forums? Yes while there are some people who do actually have the background to point you in the right direction, there are 99% more who do not have the background and will point you to where you do not need to go. If you find info posted from a person on a forum helpful and want their advice, find out their background before you take it.

Find a good shop, be it online or local and start talking with them instead of a whole pile of guys on a forum who think what is best for you. One guy had no idea of the space you have available yet is offering advice? What about the rest of the people who populate these forums? Yes while there are some people who do actually have the background to point you in the right direction, there are 99% more who do not have the background and will point you to where you do not need to go. If you find info posted from a person on a forum helpful and want their advice, find out their background before you take it.
Not disagreeing with you, but I'll point out - I've seen a few shops that will do a lot for money, and not what is best for you. Seen some pretty horrible recommendations from shops, and always the brands they carry.

However, again, not all are bad, and there's one shop around that I'd go to anytime, because they've been reliable with good work. But, watch a bit - a 350z is not something to screw up.

The key word.... good shop. If the OP needs a hand with that, he can PM me his location and I will find a reputable shop in his area. The nice thing about being in the industry for 20 + years is contacts.

WAY too small. Even sealed would be horridly tight. First off, you can do way better than a 505, especially for the money. Besides the fact that it's a POS, and nothing works with it. (The BT module never works, nor does the HD radio tuner, satellite isn't too bad). It's not bad for the money, but you can get a Kenwood DNX8120 for a lot less than $1000, and get 5v preouts, a bad ass EQ, Parrot BT, and a slick ass interface, with way more control than the Alpine. Not to mention the video bypass on an Alpine take a button and a toggle switch, or a PAC TR-7. A Kenwood, you just jumper the P-Brake wire to ground, and voila. Type-R's seem to be all the rage around here, but you can get better for less money.
Keep in mind... eBay goods = NO warranty. There is a LOT of fake audio gear out these days, especially of the higher end goods.
+1 on the kenwood dnx8120. I am trying to switch my alpine out for it. Its really clean and everthing is built in with no need for extra moduals. As far as the subs you can do 2 12's and it will sound awsome. And you will have a enough room if you go sealed. But for ported you could do either a 12 or a 10" I was running 2 12's in a sealed box.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=334143680&albumID=643131&imageID=2682284

Don't waste your time at local shops. They will just want to sell you what they stock and it will be over priced.

People on the forums are you best source of advice.. Try to only listen to people with high post counts and old join dates.. Especially the guys that build boxes, systems and compete..

The only time you need to worry about a shop is to do the install if you can't do it yourself.

if you are going for sq in that car the factory front stage mounting location work against sq

like talking with your hand in front of your face, difussed and muffled

kicks or pods are needed

i use 3 each 8" ported in one set up , and 1 each 15" ported in another

with kicks and pods sounds great

the RE SE's perform like JLs w6v2
I respectfully disagree!

2 10's would be nice, get dual 4 ohm subs and wire them in parallel to get a final load of 1 ohm
Wow, you are a plethora of bad advice here..... 1 ohm for SQ:rolleyes:

Well, you got something right!

pew on US AMPS,
Wow, something else right

And you had to follow up two rights with yet another wrong:rolleyes://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

I respectfully disagree!

Wow, you are a plethora of bad advice here..... 1 ohm for SQ:rolleyes:

Well, you got something right!

Wow, something else right

And you had to follow up two rights with yet another wrong:rolleyes://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
feel free to try and educate us

feel free to try and educate us
Sorry, I just am not into riding the current, overseas produced, "me too", forum boner product with a smile on my face. Some of you guys are like lemmings with your advice of "run your amp at 1 ohm and get AQ, Sundown, etc." mentality. Monkey see, monkey do:eek:

Now, would I call AQ, Sundown, etc. bad products? No, I would not. Would I run them for myself? Nope. Why? Personally, I prefer 12 volt power amplifiers that are designed by Americans, and made right here in the good old US of A. I also won't run a SQ setup @ 1 ohm, if anything to prevent the horrendous VI limiting that generally occurs at low impedance loads.

The last SQ 350Z setup that I heard was owned by a buddy of mine. He had the Bose factory HU, an Audio Control DQL-8, a RF 25 to Life Power 1000 run active to a set of Alpine SPX Pros in his doors and a Morel Ultimo 10 in a sealed enclosure that fit under the strut brace bar. That system sounded phenomenal and cost way less than the BS JL Audio garbage that all the local shops tried to sell him on. The Audio Control wasn't completely necessary, but he wanted the extra processing ability. Now I am in the process of getting him started on another setup because he just purchased an Infiniti G37 coupe. He is going to keep most of the stuff, but he now wants an SPL sub firing through the ski pass.

your from iraq?
Well im not really FROM iraq but im currently deployed to Iraq. Im actually from Indiana. Ive got about four more months left til I get back.

Im not real sure on what speakers im going with yet, those are something Im going to have to hear before I make any purchases because they all sound totally different.

I recently bought my setup already. I bought two se 10" dual vc 4ohm subs along with the kenwood DNX 8120. The amp I bought was very cheap and Im hoping the quality isnt the same //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Its a hifonics bxi 1206D, nothing too crazy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.