Audio Shop Ripped Me Off?

An okay job, BUT NO WAY IN HELL WORTH $260!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go back and be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

dont take no for an answer until you get what they said they would do..if they don't do it call everyone you can owner/manager/BBB (anyone and everyone) if they don't cooperate

it looks straight to me, and as long as it sounds good thats good...take it back and have em do it right but thats not gonna happen....they arent going to waste their time with you im sure they have bigger jobs to do than some door panel stuff

I paid via Visa. I can initiate a chargeback and leave them with nothing.

Also, they don't know I have an Audi A8L that I was going to have them do work on. I am going to drive up in it and tell them that it would be a shame for me to have to go to a competitor for the work on the A8L but if they don't fix my Escape, I will have to do that.

it looks straight to me, and as long as it sounds good thats good...take it back and have em do it right but thats not gonna happen....they arent going to waste their time with you im sure they have bigger jobs to do than some door panel stuff
unfortunatly this is probably true...

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

You PAID for leather and fiberglass and you GOT MDF and grill cloth. This is total ******** and I agree that it isn't a good look. It's not HORRIBLE, but it is something any schlub with a router table could have pulled off.

Threaten to go to the BBB and to make it well known to everyone you know (including the vast online forums audience) that they lied and did not make it up to you. What they've done is fraud, pure and simple. A verbal contract is a contract none-the-less, and will hold up in court in many states. They can tell you they "didn't have to" all they want, but unless they're disputing the original agreement, you've got a solid argument.

Worst case, they get their MDF and grill cloth back, and you take your $260 somewhere else to repair your door panels, I'd say.

Did you pay before or after the job? ****, if you paid after that was dumb. Since there was no written contract, I would have just walked out, got in my car, and drove the **** home.

I paid after the job but before I removed the door and saw what they did in detail. I paid Visa though so I can get my money back, but I'm going to see how they are about fixing it. They seemed like cool guys so my gut is that they will do something about it (they have too good of a reputation not to).

Perhaps he straight up forgot what I wanted?

And as I said, worst case scenerio, I chargeback via Visa and drop their name on every car audio forum out there.

first off for everyone that says going to the BBB they dont do anything that if just for us consumers to call if we want to check the rep on a business, they wont go after the shop for not doing something right. but back on topic, no one has asked this yet but do you have a written quote saying fiberglass and black leather?? is so then it will be easy to get done as you whip that out and say see not done right, fix it. if it was just verbal then that is harder to reverse, you did make a mistake of leaving the shop with the car, i would have caused all hell and refused to take it home until it was done as agreed.

if you said specifically you wanted fiberglass for the look then you should have gotten that. now with the grill on it isnt visible either way.......

....but they should have called you and said that it was going to be differant seeing as how you thought you were paying labor on the fiberglass work and not ****ing woodcutting, ya they took 40 bucks off....but without informing you they did something you werent paying for, nor addressed that at any point in time until the job was done. ask nicely (if you're a dick you're not gonna get anywhere with it) to talk to the shops owner and explain to him just how i said it to you about them not informing you and you were paying that much for the fiberglass work to show off and not some piece of wood. since they discounted you some i doubt they'd give you anything back, but address it to the owner so that he'll ***** out the ****tards that did this and hopefully it wont happen again in the future (in reality it probly wont do anythign since most shop owners are shady ****s anyways).....but you never know, maybe he's a cool ass show owner and gives a **** about the job his people are doing and compensates you more....just be nice about it to the owner and see if he does anything more than just an appology....at the least you can get an apology...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.