Audio balance issues

Participant count
  • Participant list
Voltage= square root of Watts x Ohms
125= 11.18
11.18 x 4 Ohms = 44.72 AC volts
The reason 3/4 headunit volume is chosen is because after that, most radios start to distort.
So if your gain was set to 125w, then that is what the amp will play at 3/4 radio volume.
So I make sure they set the gain bellow 100W so I don't blow the speakers? My current speakers can take more than the amp is capable of producing and I play it close to 3/4 on a consistent basis.
I listen to my music very loud because I like loud music, my windows are always down, I'm not usually going slow, and my car isn't quiet.
Windows down at 100mph+ is a lot of noise for the speakers to compete with.

The only thing I don't like about loud music is that I can't hear my supercharger :_(
I wish there was a way to adjust how loud my supercharger is based on how loud my music is playing.

If you are a car guy there is no such thing as something that sounds better than a roots blower :)

Voltage= square root of Watts x Ohms
125= 11.18
11.18 x 4 Ohms = 44.72 AC volts
The reason 3/4 headunit volume is chosen is because after that, most radios start to distort.
So if your gain was set to 125w, then that is what the amp will play at 3/4 radio volume.
I have to use these to keep my subs set
IMG_20220723_102828.jpg

So I make sure they set the gain bellow 100W so I don't blow the speakers?
I say yes. Longer life.
I play it close to 3/4 on a consistent basis.
Whoa, save some hearing for the future. I play a daily of 40-70w and I assume I am causing some damage.
my windows are always down,
Is there any other way? No sir.
The only thing I don't like about loud music is that I can't hear my supercharger :_(
I wish there was a way to adjust how loud my supercharger is based on how loud my music is playing.

If you are a car guy there is no such thing as something that sounds better than a roots blower
I see the conflicting issues. That blower does sound musical. I dare say it is an ASMR stimuli. Is that speedometer dialed in? That is crazy acceleration.

I have to use these to keep my subs setView attachment 44067
Safety takes precedence over all else. I ratchet strap my sub to the back seat. Looks cheesy but I do not want it slapping me upside the head.
20221029_165629_HDR.jpg

I say yes. Longer life.

Whoa, save some hearing for the future. I play a daily of 40-70w and I assume I am causing some damage.

I see the conflicting issues. That blower does sound musical. I dare say it is an ASMR stimuli. Is that speedometer dialed in? That is crazy acceleration.

Safety takes precedence over all else. I ratchet strap my sub to the back seat. Looks cheesy but I do not want it slapping me upside the head.View attachment 44079
Yes the speedo is. My car is ment for the track so it comes with a recorder that not only records what is in front of you but will show u anything from mph to lateral Gs. It records to a memory card and the infotainment center.
Only bad thing about it is that it encourages me to do bad things so I can share them with people.

Last edited:
I say yes. Longer life.

Safety takes precedence over all else. I ratchet strap my sub to the back seat. Looks cheesy but I do not want it slapping me upside the head.View attachment 44079
Ill be dead way before my hearing goes. I've been in a coma, have epilepsy, chronic kidney disease, had a third of my brain removed, have an implant that shocks my brain hundreds of times a day... Let's just say that hearing isn't something I'm concerned about lol

Ill be dead way before my hearing goes. I've been in a coma, have epilepsy, chronic kidney disease, had a third of my brain removed, have an implant that shocks my brain hundreds of times a day... Let's just say that hearing isn't something I'm concerned about lol
Man, reading that was a gut punch. I am glad you are taking it strong. Any questions or just to chew the fat, we are here. Nice video BTW.

I say yes. Longer life.

My car doesn't have room in the backseat for subs.
Man, reading that was a gut punch. I am glad you are taking it strong. Any questions or just to chew the fat, we are here. Nice video BTW.
Thank you very much, I appreciate it. It probably sounds funny to people but I'm probably the most content person you will ever meet; I'm not good at feeling bad for myself :)
But my question. Now that you know what you do about my goals (I feel like we are on a journey together) can you tell me what you think is a good idea for my front speakers?

Yes the speedo is. My car is ment for the track so it comes with a recorder that not only records what is in front of you but will show u anything from mph to lateral Gs. It records to a memory card and the infotainment center.
Only bad thing about it is that it encourages me to do bad things so I can share them with people.

I had never heard the abbreviation ASMR. I wish I hadn't already ordered my custom plates because that definitely would have been part of it. ASMRZL1 (I drive a ZL1).

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. It probably sounds funny to people but I'm probably the most content person you will ever meet; I'm not good at feeling bad for myself :)
🤜
But my question. Now that you know what you do about my goals (I feel like we are on a journey together) can you tell me what you think is a good idea for my front speakers?
TBH, there is no reason those AD 6x9s should be lacking in performance. More so since they are components and your doors are treated. The way I would tackle this is by turning down the sail and deck speakers. Either by gain, fader, or straight up disconnecting them at the amp. Listen and make adjustments if necessary. If they sound good as they are currently set, then the rears may be causing cancellation.
Repeat the above steps with the other pairs individually.
One thing that just came to mind; open back deck speakers are usually negatively affected when subs are put in the trunk. See if they have a rigid protection.
They are quite a bit of tasks, but they are a big part of the fun of this hobby.

🤜

TBH, there is no reason those AD 6x9s should be lacking in performance. More so since they are components and your doors are treated. The way I would tackle this is by turning down the sail and deck speakers. Either by gain, fader, or straight up disconnecting them at the amp. Listen and make adjustments if necessary. If they sound good as they are currently set, then the rears may be causing cancellation.
Repeat the above steps with the other pairs individually.
One thing that just came to mind; open back deck speakers are usually negatively affected when subs are put in the trunk. See if they have a rigid protection.
They are quite a bit of tasks, but they are a big part of the fun of this hobby.

I downloaded 2 db readers for my phone to see how loud I listen to my music. Sadly they both tapped out at 95db. So for a 10min drive they both said I averaged 95db. (Point being the speakers do get exercised)
Now I'm considering buying an actual meter to see what the actual number is.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

ender2664

CarAudio.com Recruit
ender2664
California
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies