Audio balance issues

Participant count
  • Participant list
I meant balance and fader. If you put the fader in the rear, no matter where the balance is, it is the same outcome.
KICKER 47KSC6504 6.5 Inch passenger pannel
REF-9632IX 6x9- rear deck
audio dynamics 6x9 components front door
AudioControl LC-6.1200
Rockford fosgate 500x1d (2 10s)
Rockford Fosgate Prime R2-2X10

I meant balance and fader. If you put the fader in the rear, no matter where the balance is, it is the same outcome.
KICKER 47KSC6504 6.5 Inch passenger pannel
REF-9632IX 6x9- rear deck
audio dynamics 6x9 components front door
AudioControl LC-6.1200
Rockford fosgate 500x1d (2 10s)
Rockford Fosgate Prime R2-2X10
IIRC, you have the Camaro. Did you get the bass output squared away? This is a weird issue. First, flag the front RCAs and put them in the correct plugs. Then the other set, in the rear plugs. Run the test again.

Yes sir. 2022 Camaro that came with the bose system.
I wouldn't say I got it squared away. But my front 6x9s no longer sound like 2.5" tweeters. So that is quite a bit of progress in my opinion.

I feel like if my rear 6x9s and passenger 6.5s were producing what I think they are capable of that I'd consider the bass issue squared away.
The 6.5s are rated to go down to 43hz, I have them set at 80. Playing sub bass out of a full range 6.5 doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
The 6x9s are rated down to 46, but I have them at 80 as well

Last edited:
IIRC, you have the Camaro. Did you get the bass output squared away? This is a weird issue. First, flag the front RCAs and put them in the correct plugs. Then the other set, in the rear plugs. Run the test again.
My sub is at 80. What are your thoughts on moving the sub down to 60 or 70 and changing the high pass on the speakers to the same?

My sub is at 80. What are your thoughts on moving the sub down to 60 or 70 and changing the high pass on the speakers to the same?
IMO, that would leave a "gap" in your music that would have to be filled by the full range speakers. I know most speakers play down to 50-70 Hz, but can you really tell without door treatment? I prefer crossing my subs at 80-120 Hz, depending on how musical the sub is. By doing so, I get alot of overlap between sub and front stage. An awesome result is that it sounds as if I have subs in my doors.

IMO, that would leave a "gap" in your music that would have to be filled by the full range speakers. I know most speakers play down to 50-70 Hz, but can you really tell without door treatment? I prefer crossing my subs at 80-120 Hz, depending on how musical the sub is. By doing so, I get alot of overlap between sub and front stage. An awesome result is that it sounds as if I have subs in my doors.

1- thank you very much for taking the time to help me out.
2- I know a LOT more goes into a system than just cross over points (car, air space, speaker position, personal preference etc) and I know using my ear is important so I know you cannot give me the "best" answers. But being in the right ballpark and adjusting from there is much easier than going in blind.
3- I continue to enjoy and appreciate your opinion. I'm leaning a lot.

90% of the music I listen to is hard rock. But new metal/hard rock bands/songs seem to include a lot of tight bass hits and my sealed 10s seem to do a really good job with them.
Move the sub up to 90 or 100 and keep the speakers at 70 or bring them down to 60? Does that sound like a decent plan? (The front doors have a good amount of "treatment" dynamat, speaker rings, deating, etc. But nothing on the others)
I LOVE feeling like there are subs upfront. That is the number 1 thing I miss about my stock system, it felt like I had a mix of 6x9 woofers/subs instead of just components.

Last edited:
1- thank you very much for taking the time to help me out.
2- I know a LOT more goes into a system than just cross over points (car, air space, speaker position, personal preference etc) and I know using my ear is important so I know you cannot give me the "best" answers. But being in the right ballpark and adjusting from there is much easier than going in blind.
3- I continue to enjoy and appreciate your opinion. I'm leaning a lot.

90% of the music I listen to is hard rock. But new metal/hard rock bands/songs seem to include a lot of tight bass hits and my sealed 10s seem to do a really good job with them.
Move the sub up to 90 or 100 and keep the speakers at 70 or bring them down to 60? Does that sound like a decent plan? (The front doors have a good amount of "treatment" dynamat, speaker rings, deating, etc. But nothing on the others)
I LOVE feeling like there are subs upfront. That is the number 1 thing I miss about my stock system, it felt like I had a mix of 6x9 woofers/subs instead of just components.
No problem, I really enjoy helping with what I can. Like every member that answers questions, three things we all have in common is love for music, love for the equipment to reproduce music, and helping others achieve that same love.
Like you said, there are alot of tools and when I read some of these guy's conversations; it reminds me of how much I have yet to learn. But dabgummit I love it.
And yes, when your system is well rounded, it just feels so good sitting in that seat, submerging yourself in the music.

What is wrong with centering the fade and balance?
Nothing is wrong with centering it.
But whenever a system doesn't do something it is supposed to it may be a symptom of a underlying issue that effects more than just that.
I keep my system centered 100% of the time. I didn't notice the issue until I was trying to tune it.

How is the tuning coming along?
Fantastic thanks to you!
For right now I'm done. However, my front speakers sound like they are struggling so I'm going to replace them.
I'm torn between the
KICKER 47KSS6904 6x9 KS-Series 2-Way Component Speakers
Kenwood KFC-XP6902C 6x9 + 2-3/4" Component Speakers
It worries me what the Kenwoods are trying to drive a 6x9 and 2-3/4 tweezer with 100rms when other speakers are using 125-150 to power a 1inch.
Also...a 2-3/4 inch tweeter... What's up with that? If I'm just pushing highs through it what's the point of having such a large tweeter?
I'd love your input.

It worries me what the Kenwoods are trying to drive a 6x9 and 2-3/4 tweezer with 100rms when other speakers are using 125-150 to power a 1inch.
Also...a 2-3/4 inch tweeter... What's up with that? If I'm just pushing highs through it what's the point of having such a large tweeter?
Actually, I prefer larger diameter tweeters. I find the smaller ones to be overtly sibilant to the point they hurt my ears. My eardrums literally distort. I found that large diameter silk dome tweeters are the smoothest, with fiber (paper or cloth) coming in second. Another pro is larger tweeters blend better with the midrange. So the sound of the Kenwoods may be smoother than the Kicker's.
Do not fret about the power level, I do not think you will ever come close to that 100w.

What actually determines how much power is going to that speaker from the amp? Is it a combination of gain and how loud I have it turned up?
Example, when they tuned my car they told me never to go over 3/4 volume. Does that mean at 3/4 volume the amp is pushing 91 wats rms to the speaker:
(125*3/4)=91rms
Or is it a combination of the volume and where the gain is set (assume the gain is set at 3/4):
(125 amp rms*3/4gain *3/4volume =70rms) going to speaker?
Or is it more complicated than that?

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...