Areo or slot

I don't know what to say man. I even complimented the guy and told you that he and Buck were good at designing boxes. Yet, he still wants to throw shade and call names. I sk him a legit question so that both of us can learn a little and he goes off. I doubt that he has been building boxes for 30 years. He has had multiple I.D.'s on this Forum over the years. So, who knows. I'm going to send him a t-shirt.

View attachment 27964
😂😂😂😂😂 the **** is kinda funny to me....people are so quick to talk **** like a lil kid on a playground

😂😂😂😂😂 the **** is kinda funny to me....people are so quick to talk **** like a lil kid on a playground

I'm 52 years old and not about to back down from some wanna be bully keyboard warrior. That won't happen. The **** makes me laugh too. I've talked to professional box designers about your situation and they said 4th order blow through with either 3 or 4 15's. FWIW

I'm 52 years old and not about to back down from some wanna be bully keyboard warrior. That won't happen. The **** makes me laugh too. I've talked to professional box designers about your situation and they said 4th order blow through with either 3 or 4 15's. FWIW
Never built a 4th order but I guess it could possibly be put in the works

Ya 87... I got out the military the 1st time in 87. Did 4 more years in 1990-94.
I consider myself a noob around here. You can never know it all.

Thank you for your service sir. I haven't been on this site for a long time, but I'm not going to be bullied or pushed around either. When I realized his box was a little out of my league, then, I directed him to the people that he should confer with. I don't understand the 4th order ratios (2:1 sealed and unsealed) and some of the technical stuff, but I'll get there. And, I don't see anything wrong with that or what I talked to the OP about. Peace!

Last edited:
I don't understand the 4th order ratios (2:1 sealed and unsealed) and some of the technical stuff, but I'll get there
You got this sounds like... throw up a screenshot man. A design. Its how I learned thru criticism /w/ a few bones thrown my way... it made me learn. Just use his 4 subs and make it work.

You got this sounds like... throw up a screenshot man. A design. Its how I learned thru criticism /w/ a few bones thrown my way... it made me learn. Just use his 4 subs and make it work.

It's not that easy. I know that there's a lot that I don't understand about 4th orders. Like, how big to make the blow through whole to tune the box. We were installing a 2- 12" 4th order blow through in a G8 until 5:30 this morning. Powered by a 2K Ampere and one bank of lithium. A lot of work, but it sounded good. I'm constantly asking my friend questions. But, I knew that you and Buck could help this kid out a lot more than myself. That's why I tagged both of you guys. Stay in my lane.

Thank you for your service sir. I haven't been on this site for a long time, but I'm not going to be bullied or pushed around either. When I realized his box was a little out of my league, then, I directed him the people that he should confer with. I don't understand the 4th order ratios (2:1 sealed and unsealed) and some of the technical stuff, but I'll get there. And, I don't see anything wrong with that or what I talked to the OP about. Peace!
I think the biggest problem I having is that I'm super limited to space...only have 54 inches deep 17 tall and 48 with...I just don't have the space for the 4 I wanted to run...

I think the biggest problem I having is that I'm super limited to space...only have 54 inches deep 17 tall and 48 with...I just don't have the space for the 4 I wanted to run...

I'm sure that Shredder2 would consider something like this for four of them.

Screenshot_20210411-232937_Pinterest.jpg

Why not? If Shredder2 said that he could make all 4 fit, then, I would believe him. My box builder said the same thing, all four would fit.
I say try it... 3 or 4... whatever fits. But bear in mind a pair of high powered 15's in a 4th usually takes up space to do it right. If someone says its possible than it probably is. Honestly I haven't crunched numbers yet as Bobbys probably close. I just like to troll his ass. He gets so spectacularly defensive its Snowflakeville and Im bored. Comon' Mr Fisherman... you had to suspect. I think you would get close on a 4th but you'll never know till you try. I heard all 4 at 1st so try that 1st then scale down till it works if needed. Watching airspace and port.
Even 2 higher powered 15s in a 4th can get pretty big if done right. Its all ratio & goals then materials, displacements etc. And some math... ez. Keep the tuning in the 40s fwiw.
2MO1tW.jpg

Ratio, goals, subs and power... ez. Don't forget install/config too.
And make sure the subs have an EBP usable in a 4th and compatible.

Every box is a collection of compromises so don't feel like whatever wont work. Maybe post a attempt on paper or screenshot and give it a try. Only way to learn unless you wanna burn up some lumber (and hrs).

I think Bobby will get it close, I just want to see him try.

I say try it... 3 or 4... whatever fits. But bear in mind a pair of high powered 15's in a 4th usually takes up space to do it right. If someone says its possible than it probably is. Honestly I haven't crunched numbers yet as Bobbys probably close. I just like to troll his ass. He gets so spectacularly defensive its Snowflakeville and Im bored. Comon' Mr Fisherman... you had to suspect. I think you would get close on a 4th but you'll never know till you try. I heard all 4 at 1st so try that 1st then scale down till it works if needed. Watching airspace and port.
Even 2 higher powered 15s in a 4th can get pretty big if done right. Its all ratio & goals then materials, displacements etc. And some math... ez. Keep the tuning in the 40s fwiw.
2MO1tW.jpg

Ratio, goals, subs and power... ez. Don't forget install/config too.
And make sure the subs have an EBP usable in a 4th and compatible.

Every box is a collection of compromises so don't feel like whatever wont work. Maybe post a attempt on paper or screenshot and give it a try. Only way to learn unless you wanna burn up some lumber (and hrs).

I think Bobby will get it close, I just want to see him try.

You probably won't believe it, but a friend of mine (I do have a couple) did a 150.5 with two 12's in a 4th order blow through in the trunk of a VW CC. 5K and lithium. The box was completely sealed off. Meter in the kick, but door was open. It surprised me. You will probably believe the meter, but won't believe that I actually have friends.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.