Are 3 Subs Ideal For My Setup?

What about buying a SFB-2k to power the 3rd sub? No it's not ideal but I'm trying to make what I already have work!

I also emailed skar to see if I can swap them for two d4 subs.
No. Please don't run two different amps.

Slow down cowboy. If you're trying to run 3 subs, you want the d2 subs you already have. 3 d4 subs are .66 ohms or 2.66 ohms

https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/subwoofer-wiring-diagrams.asp?Q=3&I=42
Punch in different set ups here.

Running your current amp would be a good option for 3 d2 subs or 2 d4 subs

That's actually quite fair matchup if you ask me. Sure you could go a little higher but I wouldn't say that's a big problem
He would never ever be able to tell the difference. Anyone that doesn't think three subs in that box with that amp wouldn't be louder than two is a dumb@ss.

You won't be running 1ohm bro. 4300 divided by 3 is 1433. The subs are rated for 1500. Quit trying to f*cking argue about dumb ****.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

The VXF are a generic budget chinese big magnet with cheap soft parts clone. With upgraded electrical (which TC has) you could easily send them into mechnical failure with 1433 watts.

Thus claiming "I can't do 3 because they would be underpowered" is definately not true.

If he runs 3 subs it'll be 1.33 ohms
You think you'd be able to hear the difference between an sfb 5k and a taramps 5k?
Let alone enough of a difference to buy a Taramps when he already has the sfb?

I'm just not a huge fan of the SFB line. The Smart5 will give you 5,000 watts at 1 or 2 ohms. You could even look at the Bass 5K, MD5K, and Cab-45.

Not true, I'm listening and appreciate the advice. Skar is going to accept them back and I'm sticking with my original plan of 2 subs. I just felt like a dumbass for ordering two D2 subs not realizing I couldn't wire them down to 1 ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...