AQ2200D will I need more?

Your factory 136a alternator is putting out 75-85a @ idle? Our units can double that at idle and and double your peak output too as a bolt-in installation as they are designed and built for this kind of use.

Sure, you CAN run without a good alternator and add more batteries, but you really need to upgrade the system as a whole to get the proper performance out of your amplifiers.

Your 136a factory unit was designed to run your vehicle with enough extra amperage to run aux driving lights or other small additions to the system. If you add 176a of demand from a 2200w amp then your amp alone is exceeding your output of your alternator and you will see the voltage drop. With a 2200w amp in your current setup I would recommend a 220a high output alternator and a quality AGM battery under the hood. If your Jeep can fit the group 65 battery the XS Power D6500 will drop in place of your factory battery and is rated for systems up to 4,000w. Then you won't need a second battery, just good cables to get the power to your amp.

l've noticed that most HO alt companies don't really make anything for my Saturn L200, so I just keep it below 1000 watts.

Edit: This was supposed to be in response to Mechman's post.

l've noticed that most HO alt companies don't really make anything for my Saturn L200, so I just keep it below 1000 watts.
Edit: This was supposed to be in response to Mechman's post.

Im in the same boat no one makes a HO alt for my Ion and the ones that can want 400-500 for a 200+amp alt.. Yea thats alil high thus the reason I dnt have one. As long as I keep my setup under 3k I seem to be able to keep voltage at a decent lvl. Yea, sooner or later I will burn my alt out doing this but a reman alt for my car is $70 bucks. So if a $70 alt last me 2 years (as this one has) then I will just replace with remans and still save a ton over going HO. Just gotta keep it under 3k and keep an eye on the volt meter..

Hmmmm, this is a ridiculous comment, but the iDMax is a great sub...
You think spending $500+ on your vehicle's electrical system just so you can have Sundown subs and a junk ChiCom amp that won't fry itself is perfectly acceptable?

That, in a nutshell, is separating a moron from their money.

You think spending $500+ on your vehicle's electrical system just so you can have Sundown subs and a junk ChiCom amp that won't fry itself is perfectly acceptable?
That, in a nutshell, is separating a moron from their money.
That's a bit harsh, man. I personally made do with an AGM battery up front and zero gauge to support

Like, I could care less about big shiny rims on my car, but some people prioritize that. As long as it's honest money being made and spent, I say it's good for the economy.

Where are you in Tennessee? I could build one but I would need your car here to prototype. We are in Knoxville. PM me your info.
That's extra cool of you man. I'll remember that. I'm just outside of Nashville. However, I made my equipment choices based on the logic of keeping the stock alt, and all is holding up so far. But, when I get another car, I'll be sure to get one that's audio friendly, and easy to upgrade the juice on as well.

i am getting my aq 2200 today to run my sa-15's. i have a stock 115 amp alt but 4 ups 75 amp batts. we shall see. yeah like above. ho alt for my truck is stupid high. have had same alt in truck since new running 1500 plus my other amp.

I just love the way these sundowns sound, my first system ever I had 2 RF Power HX2's in my 92 Buick then in my Saturn they sounded good and these honestly keep up with them in fact they hit some lows my power hx2's couldn't. I actually just won an eBay auction for the aq2200d for $300 so I'm super excited about that however, I did have some questions.

#1 I have #1 welding cable rated at 350 amps and a 200 amp circuit breaker before the firewall, the aq2200d uses 200 amp fuses alone and I do also have a small 4 channel running my highs which has a 30 amp fuse so that makes it a total of 230 amps. Do I need to upgrade my circuit breaker? Will I trip the circuit breaker with the 230 amps?

#2 Would it hurt anything If I hooked up the aq2200d to use until I get my 2nd battery? I will probably order my xs power 1200 on Friday when I get paid, so do you think using the aq2200d for about a week with just the stock alt and 1 yellow top would hurt anything?

Thanks everyone for your help I appreciate it I also really have to start paying my credit card down now I just couldn't wait to hear what these subs can really do rofl.

i am getting my aq 2200 today to run my sa-15's. i have a stock 115 amp alt but 4 ups 75 amp batts. we shall see. yeah like above. ho alt for my truck is stupid high. have had same alt in truck since new running 1500 plus my other amp.
Why do you have 4 batteries is the aq2200d the only amp you have atm? I can get a ho alt eventually and hopefully my friend can install it he is a mechanic at Firestone, it's not in the best location in my jeep I wish it was on the top //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I just love the way these sundowns sound, my first system ever I had 2 RF Power HX2's in my 92 Buick then in my Saturn they sounded good and these honestly keep up with them in fact they hit some lows my power hx2's couldn't. I actually just won an eBay auction for the aq2200d for $300 so I'm super excited about that however, I did have some questions.
#1 I have #1 welding cable rated at 350 amps and a 200 amp circuit breaker before the firewall, the aq2200d uses 200 amp fuses alone and I do also have a small 4 channel running my highs which has a 30 amp fuse so that makes it a total of 230 amps. Do I need to upgrade my circuit breaker? Will I trip the circuit breaker with the 230 amps?

#2 Would it hurt anything If I hooked up the aq2200d to use until I get my 2nd battery? I will probably order my xs power 1200 on Friday when I get paid, so do you think using the aq2200d for about a week with just the stock alt and 1 yellow top would hurt anything?

Thanks everyone for your help I appreciate it I also really have to start paying my credit card down now I just couldn't wait to hear what these subs can really do rofl.

Why do you have 4 batteries is the aq2200d the only amp you have atm? I can get a ho alt eventually and hopefully my friend can install it he is a mechanic at Firestone, it's not in the best location in my jeep I wish it was on the top //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
You should be too bad with a pair of stout batteries on that alternator, it's a better stock than most, that's for sure. If you wanna hook up the AQ2200 right away, I'd just recommend keeping the gain really low, or wiring it at a higher ohm load (4ohm instead of 1ohm) until you get that second battery in. To see full power, you're probably going to need a HO alt, which you can save up for over time. But you should be ok with 2 stout batteries for the time being.

Am I the only one who sees the irony of spending $600 on electrical so you can run a $300 amp?
no but it beats spending $600 on electrical and $300 more on other stuff. I'm actually just going to get a 2nd batt from what I hear it should be enough. My bro is running 3000 watts with just a 2nd battery and seems to be ok.

I can get an XS Power D975 for $113 and it says as a 2nd battery it can handle 2100 watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.