AQ suspension questions

95Prober
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
Hey guys,

upon reading some threads about the newer AQ suspensions of the HDC3 subs, some questions popped up.

I assume its ok to mix different suspension model subs together, correct?

also

how can I find out what type of suspension I have on my HDC3 subs? I bought them all in mint condition but used. The cones are the same with the newer style look that they currently sell.

Thanks

only way to tell is to cut the spider and see if it has 4 or 8 spiders...which would mean you need a recone. or you could ask the seller when he bought them..and how much he paid.

email or call DJ for clarification. I know the new 8 spider coppers when tested were more efficient and around 1dB louder, so ideally you wouldn't want to mix new and old, but I'm sure it could be done.

I wouldn't mix them. Unless you recone all I don't think u can tell which spiders they have:crap:
True. It's gonna cause some problems, probably not audible to the human ear but you wont be getting full potiental out of your system.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)

S1R-BLUNTZWORTH , DJL

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

are we talking a long time frame between different suspension models though? Also, were the cones/dust caps changed at all?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.