Another vs. thread

Also has the same thd specs for the 1500. Which makes no sense because the 3000 is just 2 1500s internally strapped so by nature the thd level should be around double the rating of a single 1500.
Technically, almost nothing involving power works this way Bassin. I'm sure it would be a bit more, but a cop out of the 1500 specs is wrong, and it shouldn't approach double the 1500 specs either. Algorithm ftw.

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

You heard wrong. The BXI1608 and 1610D's that the bench tests where done on did 800wrms@1 ohm clipped, no where near the 1600@1 they were rated for.
Which would be yet another reason not to spend the money.

Technically, almost nothing involving power works this way Bassin. I'm sure it would be a bit more, but a cop out of the 1500 specs is wrong, and it shouldn't approach double the 1500 specs either. Algorithm ftw. 

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Which would be yet another reason not to spend the money.
Then why do most amps show rated THD to be almost double when bridged? This isn't a argument of your logic , this is a question i would like to know the answer to. I'm not sure who is right here , just asking to learn.

Then why do most amps show rated THD to be almost double when bridged? This isn't a argument of your logic , this is a question i would like to know the answer to. I'm not sure who is right here , just asking to learn.
For a lot of people, it's just a matter of not putting the effort (or having the knowledge) to do the actual calculations. I still have trouble remembering how to do it, but there are two engineers in my office that could do it. There is a lot of stuff on the AC side done the same way. Real calc is a four line equation, but you can follow a '70%' rule or something like that and get close. For most every application what's the majority of people going to do? Use the 70% rule...[This is an AC load factor equation I'm using as an example]

Same applies to THD, you can do the real thing and most would come out somewhere between 1.5-2x the same amp with 1/2 the output. In other words, they calculate their smallest amp, them multiply the THD by how much larger their larger amps are.

Before someone tries to eat that up, I said most. I'm sure there are some companies that take time to calculate this for each amp in their line, even ones that have amps that are essentially a pair of their smaller amps strapped.

The issue Im going to run into is that I need the power at 2 ohms. I dont think sundown, aq, dc ect... have an amp that will produce max power at 2 ohms. I am looking to spend 300-400.00 btw

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.