And so the build begins.... ssackett 12", Sundown, 880prs, PPI 356cs comps.

Sweet! Let me know how you like them if you get yours installed before mine.
I'm hoping my 12 compares to a loaded FI Bl or a Lvl4XL.

I may get two 10s later and build a center console enclosure if this isnt loud enough for me.
ill make sure to let you kow but im sure yours will get done first

im that split in the "brace" is quite large bro. not sure the structiral integrity of that piece anymore. but nice build so far bro!

im that split in the "brace" is quite large bro. not sure the structiral integrity of that piece anymore. but nice build so far bro!
Yeah I noticed, but I have faith in Vitveet not to ship something out that would fail with his name on it. He has a name to uphold and has built boxes for several people on this forum. The box looks very good in person, so hopefully that split wont affect anything.

I'll have some good pics of progress tomorrow afternoon.

Lookin' good man! Didn't know your build was this "large"!!!

And yeah, trust me, that lil split won't affect anything in a neg. way whatsoever! People just like to point out anything neg. they can find:crazy:!

You'll enjoy the enclosure and that sub/amp combo will do the trick for you in that truck!

Keep up the good work and MORE PICS!!!

V.

Well, it wont let me edit the posts that I reserved, so here are the finishing touches on my build...

The PPI mids mounted with some modeling clay around them...

158-1.jpg

155-3.jpg

I mounted my tweets in my sail panels and they sound GREAT right there. My leg doesnt block the sound anymore like it did when they were in the door panels.

156-3.jpg

I mounted the crossovers in the door panels...

157-1.jpg

Ran the wires through the doors jambs. (THE RIGHT WAY!!!!)

153-3.jpg

My distro block...

152-3.jpg

I got the carpet back in...

151-3.jpg

The back wall....

154-3.jpg

The box fit GREAT. Thanks Vitveet!!!

159.jpg

Amp mounted on the passenger side...

160.jpg

The PRS 880 mounted...

162.jpg

And all back togethor. Now I just have to clean it and save up some money for my SAZ-2000d so I can have some bass...

163.jpg

I dont have an amp for the sub yet.

I guess I could get some vids of the comps after I get everything tuned good. It wont be all that exciting though.

Also, let me know if any of yall would have done something differently. Im always down for learning something.

i need to get my tweeters up under my dash or up higher in general.. i'm having some blocking issues like you.

what was the difference in daily driving?

i need to get my tweeters up under my dash or up higher in general.. i'm having some blocking issues like you.
what was the difference in daily driving?

It sounds SO much better!!! Before, my leg would block the driver side and all I could hear was the sound from the right. Now, my sound stage is centered and I cant really tell what direction its coming from. I could use some help tuning everything. I am clueless when it comes to cross over points, T/A, and stuff of that nature. I need to set my gains on the amp. I just have it turned up 1/4 of the way right now. I'm gonna due it tomorrow with my DMM when I have some daylight.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.