And so the build begins.... ssackett 12", Sundown, 880prs, PPI 356cs comps.

Plottin4success
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well, I started on my truck today. My stuff is in my sig. I have a single cab 04 Silverado...

I sold the ugly rims and rollin on the stockers for now. Hopefully I can get some 22s and lower 4/6 by this summer.

Guitar004.jpg

My ****...

153.jpg

180.jpg

176.jpg

177.jpg

179.jpg

174.jpg

148.jpg

147.jpg

156.jpg

BEFORE YALL START TALKING ****, I DO NOT SEE THE POINT IN USING MULTIPLE LAYERS OF DEADENER. I COVERED ABOUT 60% OF THE DOOR WHICH SHOULD BE FINE FOR MY APPLICATION. IF I FIND THAT I WILL NEED MORE DEADENER, I WILL APPLY MORE ACCORDINGLY.

I started deadening my doors today around 3pm. It took me about 45 mins to do each door. That was disassembly, cleaning, and then deadening. I have no idea how I am going to completely seal up the doors. There are some LARGE openings that have uneven surfaces, so plexiglass is out of the question. I will see how the comps sound installed like this. Hopefully they sound good.

145-1.jpg

146-1.jpg

149-1.jpg

150-1.jpg

This is the old stuff that came out. It was in the truck when I bought it. Its a Hifonics Atlas comp set. They were being ran off the HU through the stock wiring, so I have no idea what they sound like if they were amped. The mids are pretty hefty and are dual voice coil. The crossover look and feel very cheap IMO.

151-1.jpg

152-1.jpg

153-1.jpg

154-1.jpg

155-1.jpg

156-1.jpg

I still need to get the cash togethor to get my 2000d from Jacob. If any one of you fegs wants to donate me some cash, it would be nice. LOL

Im going to start putting the deadener on the back wall and floor tomorrow, then come the wiring.

Vitveet is building my box and it should ship out tomorrow. 2.28@34hz.

you were right those rims were UGLY

Yep! They were on the truck when I bought it. I sold them for $900 and the other guys stock rims/tires.

The next day I got on the net and saw they were only $800 new for the rims. LOL

nice choice in subs
I hope so!!!

i dont like to post up and ruin all the pics with like 10x more posts but this is gonna be a nice build. im tuned in for sure
Im gonna reserve a few post just so that doeasnt happen. Thanks guys.

Well, I got almost all of the deadening done today. I need to do the roof and Im done. I have 12sqft left and if there is any left over, Im going to do some more on my doors around the speakers. I may buy a little bit of Damplifier Pro to add to the roof and back wall. I would like to buy some Luxury Liner and put that on the floors, doors, and back wall, but the funds arent there right now.

I will start off by saying that whom ever did the wiring in the truck befor I got is a HACK!!!!

This is probably one of the worst grounds I've ever seen. Look at all that wire exposed.

179-1.jpg

Since when in the hell do you join wires togethor like this? He must have been trying to set the damn truck on fire.

180-1.jpg

On to the dissasembly...

182.jpg

184.jpg

Im thinking about leaving the center console out when I re install everything. What do yall think? Or atleast taking the top storage compartmentg off and just having the seat.

190.jpg

On to the dampening...

183.jpg

185.jpg

188.jpg

187.jpg

I got all this done in 3 hours.

Tomorrow comes dampening the roof and running the wires, and hopefully the start of reassembly.

And I would like to say that the Damplifier Black I bought is working excellent. Its easy to work with and sticks like glue. Its been 40-45 degrees here and I have not had one problem with it. Props to SS for making a good product.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Wear some gloves when appyling though. I have several small cuts on my hands now.

Well, my work got short bc it started raining on me, but I managed to finish deadening, and start running the wires. I've got the 1/0 ran, RCAs, and the remotes leads for the amps done. I pulled the head liner and deadened the roof, and I added some more deadener to the back wall and around the speaker holes in the doors. Im gonna buy some more and add more to the roof. If you have ever owned or been in a Silverado witha system, then you know how the back wall and roof flexes like a MOFO!

151-2.jpg

Some of those are just random scraps that I had after cutting up deadener.

152-2.jpg

Poked a hole in the drivers side grommet.

157.jpg

RCAs will be hidden behind the kick panel.

154-2.jpg

I bought 6 meter long RCAs from Knu and it was WAY too much, so I ran them down the passenger side to take up some of the extra length and I still have quite abit hanging out my dash...

153-2.jpg

Taping the RCAs down...

158.jpg

I will probably mount my amps on the front of the box on the passenger side.

Hopefully the weather is decent tomorrow and I can finish the wires, install the components and door panels, and maybe even wire the HU in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.