Sub wiring

spokey9

5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
NE AR
I didn't want to clog up the audio legion thread with this so I got 2 armada 4ohm dvc 12's coming and I pick up a smart 3k today for $100. Watching the dyno on it, I think I'd get more then enough power running at 4 ohm (the efficiency looked great at 91%). I saw a wiring diagram on Crutchfield that's looks odd (I've only ever wired in parallel or in series) that would get to 4 ohms at the amp

2DVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg

I'm gonna sound like a dumbazz here...but is this a legit way to get 4 ohm or am I better off running down to 1 ohm.

The subs are rated 600w a piece and the smart 3k does about 2k at 4ohm.

I ain't too messed about it if I gotta run to 1 ohm. This is just something to play around with until get everything ready for a bigger install...I needed something smaller cause hauling 2 15's in and out on my days off to work on stuff svcked 😂

I ain't too messed about it if I gotta run to 1 ohm. This is just something to play around with until get everything ready for a bigger install...I needed something smaller cause hauling 2 15's in and out on my days off to work on stuff svcked 😂

Send it. Breaking them in @ 4 ohms can't hurt. Then you can run them at 1 ohm if you want more.

Send it. Breaking them in @ 4 ohms can't hurt. Then you can run them at 1 ohm if you want more.

@audiobaun l, I wanted to switch to VFL 10's in the same box so I contacted Bob at American Bass. He said that the subs that I wanted aren't even offered in D2 only D4. I was confused because the 8's are offered in D4 and D2 but the 10's are only offered in D4. I was surprised to say the least.

You can run them @4ohms for the pair wired up as shown. Just tune them and you will be just fine man. Later on.. If you want to run the Pair @1 ohm you will need a 1 ohm stable amplifier..If you want to run a single DVC4.. You can wire it to a 2 ohm load. Use what you have man.

@audiobaun l, I wanted to switch to VFL 10's in the same box so I contacted Bob at American Bass. He said that the subs that I wanted aren't even offered in D2 only D4. I was confused because the 8's are offered in D4 and D2 but the 10's are only offered in D4. I was surprised to say the least.
No Kidden?? Ya prob so. I dont ever remember seeing the VFL series 10s in DVC2 Just DVC4s..Youd figure they would have some by now to run a single @1ohm load as most buy a single sub for entry level. I bought some of the First Run of VFL Hybrid 4480.1s and a 150.4 from Mylows on here that came from Bob. I still have the 4480.1s and 4 of the First Gen. 12 XFLs and a pair of XFL10s

I got the spot and wires ran for my 2nd battery but I haven't installed it yet. The box for the ssa icon 15's I'm planning is big enough that I'm gutting the back end of my car and to free up space, adding deadener, replacing all the plastic trim with wood so I can mount the distro blocks and amps securely...so dropping the second battery in right now would just be 1 more thing to work around...

My box is about 4 months out since my buddy found the guy who used to do all our boxes back in the day...since he still does a few on the side I figured it'd pretty cool to have him slap something together for me...

These 12's and the smart 3k are just to fill the gap til everything is done and ready for the big boy stuff 🤣

I'd just be better off running at 4ohm for now but if I gotta drop the battery in and work around it...I wouldn't be too messed up about it though...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...