Amplifier shopping question?

From research (pre-multimeter) they are definitely w0s. I just need to figure out which generation. I bought them in '14 so my guess atm is 2 (and from the way they look) Wondering if it'd be worth to trade them in and try to get something better? This will be my first car with an open back so I'll finally be with the bass. I just want to feel my heart skip a beat everytime the bass drops lol. Will the jeep vs impala soutdoor stage with the new amp do that or would I be needing to upgrade the subs? (If I'm right about what they are) I was thinking type rs if yeah?

Two JL Audio W0v3 (Single 4 ohm) in a BBox divided ported box.

I decided to take the sub out of the box after finding multimeter's out of stock ATM at my nearest walmart and autozone.

So knowing this, with a new amplifier (still need suggestions now that we know the ohms) in a Grand Cherokee can I get the heart stopping bass I'm looking for? Or should I see about trading them in towards Type-R's or something similar?

I think that we hope they are svc 4 ohm subs or dvc 2ohm (wired to 4ohm each to make a final 2ohm load) that would be perfect for that amp., however if they are 2ohm svc or 4ohm dvc u can always get nice 2 channel that makes about 200rms x2 at 2ohm and run them with that or look at audiopipe which are 1 ohm stable and increase power at 1 ohm as well (if they really are the lowest end jl u could get the 1000 be enough for those anyway).. we just gotta have the ohm load to know.. I've read a lot of amp reviews peeps said "amp stays in protection mode all the time" and we all know 95% of those are trying to run a 2 ohm stable amp at 1ohm..
Need to know exactly which ones they are. Full model number
Need to know the final ohm load of the box.
Get a jl 500.1 if you got money to blow. If not a ppi 650.1 ion should be plenty of power on a budget.
The impedance of the box as measured with an ohm meter or indicated on a label that might be at the wire terminal is essential to giving a valid recommendation.

Two JL Audio W0v3 (Single 4 ohm) in a BBox divided ported box.
I decided to take the sub out of the box after finding multimeter's out of stock ATM at my nearest walmart and autozone.

So knowing this, with a new amplifier (still need suggestions now that we know the ohms) in a Grand Cherokee can I get the heart stopping bass I'm looking for? Or should I see about trading them in towards Type-R's or something similar?
You not gonna get heart stopping bass with either setup especially with mediocre subs like type Rs. If you have a jeep, do a single 18 like a soundqubed hdc4 18. However youll want around 3000 to 3500. Which involves upgrading an alternator and having a spare agm battery or two in the back. Along with a custom box. That should get you closer to your goals

You not gonna get heart stopping bass with either setup especially with mediocre subs like type Rs. If you have a jeep, do a single 18 like a soundqubed hdc4 18. However youll want around 3000 to 3500. Which involves upgrading an alternator and having a spare agm battery or two in the back. Along with a custom box. That should get you closer to your goals
Yeah, that won't happen. I'm a 25 year old who's still going to school and working an hourly job. So, lol, realistically for me is there an upgrade worthy enough within 100-200 dollars for the subs, and another 100-200 for an amp to be worth upgrading the subs? Or should I just stick with the new amp?

And now that we know the ohms, which Zapco ST do you recommend for them (or whatever subs you may recommend)?

Yeah, that won't happen. I'm a 25 year old who's still going to school and working an hourly job. So, lol, realistically for me is there an upgrade worthy enough within 100-200 dollars for the subs, and another 100-200 for an amp to be worth upgrading the subs? Or should I just stick with the new amp?
And now that we know the ohms, which Zapco ST do you recommend for them (or whatever subs you may recommend)?
Save up a bit and get a quality amp first then do the sub later. Do a monoblock that makes around 2000 watts at 1 ohm

Save for a Zapco ST-2000XM II?
Uhn lets be realistic as a 25 year old college student 500 is ridiculously high expense. Try a skar rp 2000.1. eventually you want to do a single 18 in your jeep. Find one used on Craigslist when the time comes hopefully you find one that comes packaged with a custom box

Uhn lets be realistic as a 25 year old college student 500 is ridiculously high expense. Try a skar rp 2000.1. eventually you want to do a single 18 in your jeep. Find one used on Craigslist when the time comes hopefully you find one that comes packaged with a custom box
Sounds good. I'm not going to install it myself (I did in my Impala, but that was easy) because it has the upgraded UConnect 8.4 HU with the backup camera, and navigation and all the intergration that comes with. I've ever paid for installation before. Would it be better to let them choose the wires and components? Or should I show up with a KnuKonceptz Kolossus 4 Gauge OFC Amplifier Installation Kit or something similar?

Sounds good. I'm not going to install it myself (I did in my Impala, but that was easy) because it has the upgraded UConnect 8.4 HU with the backup camera, and navigation and all the intergration that comes with. I've ever paid for installation before. Would it be better to let them choose the wires and components? Or should I show up with a KnuKonceptz Kolossus 4 Gauge OFC Amplifier Installation Kit or something similar?
0 gauge minimum buy your kit. With the power you run, you can get away with cca as well with no negative effects

0 gauge minimum buy your kit. With the power you run, you can get away with cca as well with no negative effects
So this will work?

https://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-Gauge-Power-Amplifier-Installation/dp/B004YWC4FY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1484488893&sr=1-1&keywords=Knukonceptz+0+gauge

I bought Krystal Kable 2 Channel 6M Twisted Pair RCA Cable 20' for my amp back in October, so it's still pretty much brand new this is a good enough RCA cable to keep using?

So this will work?
https://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-Gauge-Power-Amplifier-Installation/dp/B004YWC4FY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1484488893&sr=1-1&keywords=Knukonceptz+0+gauge

I bought Krystal Kable 2 Channel 6M Twisted Pair RCA Cable 20' for my amp back in October, so it's still pretty much brand new this is a good enough RCA cable to keep using?
Yeah it should work. You can use the spare rca and old amp wires to install a mids and highs amp since your vocals are very likely to be drowned out

Yeah it should work. You can use the spare rca and old amp wires to install a mids and highs amp since your vocals are very likely to be drowned out
Tossed the old wires. They were on their last legs from the wife jamming **** into my trunk when we were moving. Gotta love women. The kit I linked doesn't come with an RCA so this would be the one I use on the mono block. No idea what I'm going to do with the speakers yet as there are 9 of them in this system. Would installing an aftermarket mid/high amp be better than to replace the speakers themselves?

Tossed the old wires. They were on their last legs from the wife jamming **** into my trunk when we were moving. Gotta love women. The kit I linked doesn't come with an RCA so this would be the one I use on the mono block. No idea what I'm going to do with the speakers yet as there are 9 of them in this system. Would installing an aftermarket mid/high amp be better than to replace the speakers themselves?
Always do the amp first, youd be surprised how much better stock speakers sound on an amp

Always do the amp first, youd be surprised how much better stock speakers sound on an amp
When I was going to install an amp in my Impala it was suggested to me (by someone on this site) to buy a MBQUART DA1-600.4 Discus Amplifier 650 Watt Four Channel Amplifier. Would that still be viable given I'm going to have 9 speakers instead of 4?

EDIT: It has 9 speakers because it was fitted with the factory Alpine Audio System. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.