Amplifier Channel Query

Participant count
  • Participant list

Guddddu

Santiago
Hi All

I have a Factory Audio Configuration. There are two Tweeters and Four Speakers ( Front Right, Front Left, Back Right, Back Left). I am looking to add a Amplifier and I am also looking to add a SubWoofer. I am confused as to what Amplifier to get. I saw the following three options

Sony XM-N1004 - 4/3/2 Channel Stereo Power Amplifier

Sony XM-N502 - 2/1 Channel Stereo Power Amplifier

Sony XM-GS400 - 3 Channel GS Series Amplifier.

Sony XM-GS100 - 1 Channel GS Series Amplifier.

If i need to power all 4 Speakers and the SubWoofer then which amplifier of the above will suit me?

Or shall i look at powering only 2 Speakers and the Subwoofer. In this case which 2 speakers shall i Amp and which amplifier of the above will suit me?

Please help me with some ideas as I am new to Car Audio Configurations.

Can a 4 Channel Amplifier be used to power 4 Speakers and a SubWoofer?
Not the best idea. If you can't get a 5 channel, then get a 4 channel and a mono block for the sub. The Infinity would be a better sub than the xplod.

Yes. Much better than the Sony. Infinity does have 5 channel amps btw. Check out a Kappa 5. Wire that sub in parallel for a 2 ohm load.
Thanks CSCStang. The 5 Channel Amp is totally going over my budget. I am thinking a 4 Channel and amping only 2 front speakers and the sub while leaving the rear 2 without AMP. Does this config make any sense?

Thanks CSCStang. The 5 Channel Amp is totally going over my budget. I am thinking a 4 Channel and amping only 2 front speakers and the sub while leaving the rear 2 without AMP. Does this config make any sense?
Yeah you can do that. Check out a gmd8604, 4 channel Pioneer. Run the front 2 off the front and bridge the rear to run the sub.

Yeah you can do that. Check out a gmd8604, 4 channel Pioneer. Run the front 2 off the front and bridge the rear to run the sub. Look at getting the 1260 sub though, 4 ohm svc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.