Dual Output 1 channel(mono) amplifier to DVC sub

None of them have anything to mention about monoblock with double output channels.

And while I am here, what in the ck is up Taramps 4 channel amps?! Why do they have channels sharing a hookup having one terminal serving as a positive to one and negative to another?!

Dual channels gives you the option to wire each sub coil directly to the amp, without having to jump from one coil to the other

Taramps four channels are weird having three inputs for two speakers instead of four but it works not sure how it’s done

The taramps thing is off-putting for sure...but it does work just fine and the ts400x4 I was clean sounding...

They are not “dual channels” it’s all connected within the amp. The “multiple” terminals gives you wiring flexibility if you are using multiple subs (or voice coils) so you don’t have to run multiple speaker wires to the same terminal. Both positives and negatives are connected within the amp. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
are there any wiring wizards that include this? all of the ones i have found dont have options for amps, only subs, coils and ohms, all of the assume 1 pos and 1 negative.

It is one positive and one negative as it's a monoblock amp. It just has double terminals to make wiring multiple subwoofers "easier". You just use one positive and one negative for your single subwoofer.

....so does that mean a dual voice coil can use all four?
Can yes but it's pointless and a waste of wire.

A single negative and single positive going to the amp is all that is needed.
2.jpg

Can yes but it's pointless and a waste of wire.

A single negative and single positive going to the amp is all that is needed.
View attachment 48798

Is there a way to use this feature to make a Dual 1 ohm sub present a 1 ohm impedance? Like.... or would this feature be used to make 4 DVC 40hm subs work as a pair of 4ohm subs and thus present a 1 ohm impedance?

And why is Crutchfield the only one that offers the option to specifically look for fancooled amps, and nobody offers to option to search for dual terminal amplifiers?

....so does that mean a dual voice coil can use all four?
Not to step on Pop but yes... in my case my speaker terminals on my sub enclosure are at each end. So I wire one side to the amp using one set of positive and negative connections and the wires from the other side go to the other two positive and negative connections.

20230225-145746-HDR.jpg

My enclosure:
BR10-DV-dimension.jpg

DVC subs so they are wired down to 2ohms each the amp see's 1ohm.

20210227-192057.jpg

Last edited:

Is there a way to use this feature to make a Dual 1 ohm sub present a 1 ohm impedance? Like.... or would this feature be used to make 4 DVC 40hm subs work as a pair of 4ohm subs and thus present a 1 ohm impedance?

And why is Crutchfield the only one that offers the option to specifically look for fancooled amps, and nobody offers to option to search for dual terminal amplifiers?

No. A Dual 1 ohm subwoofer will only wire to 0.5 or 2 ohms.

4 dual 4 ohm subwoofer will wire to 1 ohm or 4 ohms.

Again it's still a monoblock single channel amp. Just has an extra set of terminals that are connected internally to each other. I have 6 D2s wired to a single amp with one positive and one negative going to the amp. The other positive and negative are just not used.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...