Amp with Dsp built in help

Participant count
  • Participants list
And I got a really stupid question if I take the tweeters off of the crossover in the door what do I wire them to? The crossover has a place for the mid base to hook up and the Tweeter to hook up and then a line out or a line in so if I take that all out how does it get wired?

And I got a really stupid question if I take the tweeters off of the crossover in the door what do I wire them to? The crossover has a place for the mid base to hook up and the Tweeter to hook up and then a line out or a line in so if I take that all out how does it get wired?

You could wire them in parallel with the mids assuming both mids and tweets are 4ohm, or to the front channels of the amp and the mids on the back.

You won't need the crossover boxes for just the mids either

Okay I'm going to do the door treatments first and position a tweeters and then mess with the crossovers.

But if I don't like everything and I end up redoing the whole thing I'm considering this setup, can you not paste the link here?

What I meant to say is if I don't like my system I may go with this https://www.down4soundshop.com/down4sound-jp8-jp84-amplifier-combo/

It's a lot of good reviews heard good things about these amps and you get a sub amp and a regular amp combo.

Those are decent amps. I personally can't say anything negative about them.

He also make a 5 channel that is a little more powerful

I looked at the five channel I really like the five channels the problem is it's big it's like 18 in Long it would never go under my seat I'd have to mount it in the back of my car or something.

You know what I've made a decision the JBL amp is gone lucky I'm still under the return policy and I'm returning it and getting a refund.

I think I've come to the conclusion that my current setup is never going to achieve what I want it to even moving the tweeters is going to improve it but they're still harsh tweeters I'm moving away from JBL completely.

I am getting the down 4 sound 5 channel amp. I am buying the audio frog GB or GS 60s not sure which one it is I think I'm going to waste a lot of time trying to find tune what I have and it's not going to get there I know myself too well I'm too picky I want audio file grade music and I'm not going to achieve it with what I have.

Keeping the head unit obviously going to go with the audio frog speakers not sure if I want to go with two in the rear or just the fronts subwoofer I don't know yet looking for suggestions on a good 8 inch subwoofer. I'm guessing the DSP that is built into my head amp is probably never going to get me there either in its limited ability there's no software to fine-tune I think I'm going to get a helix Mark 2 or something similar I'm just going to get the best I can buy or darn close to it.

I've messed around with this for over a month and I'm really getting tired of it I just want my car to be done and not ripped apart and able to enjoy my music didn't realize it was going to take this much money or effort to get the sound I want but I've come this far so I might as well just do it.

Appreciate all the help unless you think you know a better five channel amp for $400 I'm open to suggestions the down for sound one the problem is it's 18 in long I don't know if I can fit it in my car anywhere.

Definitely going to do the door treatments bumping my speakers out need to figure out how much space I have between the grill and the actual face of the speaker it's kind of hard to.
do when you don't have the stock speaker and if you pull the grill off it's real hard to figure out the spacing.

Going to buy some 3/4 in MDF rings off of Amazon to bump my speakers out and put the foam around them from home Depot as suggested I feel like there's a big gap between my speaker right now and the door and I'm losing a lot of sound.

Will keep you up to date can I go outside and start pulling all the speakers out of the car.

Last edited:
You know what I've made a decision the JBL amp is gone lucky I'm still under the return policy and I'm returning it and getting a refund.

I think I've come to the conclusion that my current setup is never going to achieve what I want it to even moving the tweeters is going to improve it but they're still harsh tweeters I'm moving away from JBL completely.

I am getting the down 4 sound 5 channel amp. I am buying the audio frog GB or GS 60s not sure which one it is I think I'm going to waste a lot of time trying to find tune what I have and it's not going to get there I know myself too well I'm too picky I want audio file grade music and I'm not going to achieve it with what I have.

Keeping the head unit obviously going to go with the audio frog speakers not sure if I want to go with two in the rear or just the fronts subwoofer I don't know yet looking for suggestions on a good 8 inch subwoofer. I'm guessing the DSP that is built into my head amp is probably never going to get me there either in its limited ability there's no software to fine-tune I think I'm going to get a helix Mark 2 or something similar I'm just going to get the best I can buy or darn close to it.

I've messed around with this for over a month and I'm really getting tired of it I just want my car to be done and not ripped apart and able to enjoy my music didn't realize it was going to take this much money or effort to get the sound I want but I've come this far so I might as well just do it.

Appreciate all the help unless you think you know a better five channel amp for $400 I'm open to suggestions the down for sound one the problem is it's 18 in long I don't know if I can fit it in my car anywhere.

Definitely going to do the door treatments bumping my speakers out need to figure out how much space I have between the grill and the actual face of the speaker it's kind of hard to.
do when you don't have the stock speaker and if you pull the grill off it's real hard to figure out the spacing.

Going to buy some 3/4 in MDF rings off of Amazon to bump my speakers out and put the foam around them from home Depot as suggested I feel like there's a big gap between my speaker right now and the door and I'm losing a lot of sound.

Will keep you up to date can I go outside and start pulling all the speakers out of the car.

Only amp I would say directly competes with the jp95 5 channel would be the Rockford power series mini 5 channel but it's way more money.

If DD still made the d5.1000 it would be an excellent option but crappy RCA connection failures ruined that amps reputation as reliable

Sundown makes the sfb 1800.5 but I don't trust the sfb line. The sae1100.5 is likely too big, the salt 1700.5 is too expensive.

The dd d5.1500 is big, expensive, and discontinued, the cosmos audio 2000.5 is big and expensive.

Nvx makes a few that might work but idk the cost.

Really once you get over 500w on the sub channel you are hard pressed to find a 5 channel that can compete dollar for dollar with 2 separate amps.

The JP95 is damn nice for budget simple systems even if it's a touch large.

Yeah I really like the j95 but I stuck the tape measure under my seat and from the front of the seat to the back of seat is like 21 in that thing is 18 in without any wires hooked up to it and I can't run it horizontally because my seat's not that wide so I guess it would stick out the back of my seat but maybe that wouldn't be so bad I don't really put people in the back of my car it's a feel at 500 there is a back seat but really ain't no room I know that's a really nice amp.

The other what is it jp8 and the combo where you get the amp and the sub amp together in a package could work and it gets really good reviews but I have no idea how do you how do I wire 2 amps once the cable comes in from the battery and it goes into one amp is there something that it plugs into that you can split two cables off of it and then am I going to run into power issues with it draining my battery am I going to have to upgrade my alternator and battery?

I may just have to try to make the jp95 work even though it's long and a beast.

Don't know if you saw my post I sent you a message about I've decided to ditch the rear speakers so do I still need a 5 channel?

Yeah I really like the j95 but I stuck the tape measure under my seat and from the front of the seat to the back of seat is like 21 in that thing is 18 in without any wires hooked up to it and I can't run it horizontally because my seat's not that wide so I guess it would stick out the back of my seat but maybe that wouldn't be so bad I don't really put people in the back of my car it's a feel at 500 there is a back seat but really ain't no room I know that's a really nice amp.

The other what is it jp8 and the combo where you get the amp and the sub amp together in a package could work and it gets really good reviews but I have no idea how do you how do I wire 2 amps once the cable comes in from the battery and it goes into one amp is there something that it plugs into that you can split two cables off of it and then am I going to run into power issues with it draining my battery am I going to have to upgrade my alternator and battery?

I may just have to try to make the jp95 work even though it's long and a beast.

Don't know if you saw my post I sent you a message about I've decided to ditch the rear speakers so do I still need a 5 channel?

Yea assuming the wire is big enough to be spilt you can use a distribution block.

The jp8 requires 120amps of current and the jp84 requires 60amps. So 180amps total.

To supply that you would need at minimum 2awg split to 2 4awg, or a 1/0 awg cca wire split to 4awg. Or best option of all 1/0 awg ofc wire split to 4awg. You could run 2 desperate amp kits as well.

Personally I would just run a whole new line from the batt of 4awg quality ofc wire for the jp8 instead of ripping out the old stuff for new. Unless you have a low budget 8awg kit push your current amp which. I don't recommend 8awg for much of anything these days.

Knuconceptz has good amp kits for the money just IMHO get the kolussus amp kits it's worth it in the long run. Cca wire corrodes fairly easy compared to the tinned ofc

I already have 4 AWG wire coming from my battery into the car now the thing that splits up the power and then I run another one I have to see how big that is I'm very limited on space.

Getting the jp95 even though I don't have the room for it in the long run might save me room.

And the company you mentioned to buy their kit they make fantastic product I use their speaker wire their speaker wire is fabulous.

I have 14 gauge speaker wire in my car is that going to be sufficient for everything?

I have to to think also I want to run a separate DSP a helix or an audio control I'm going to have to have room for that too which will probably go under the other seat and I would probably have to run rcas from the DSP to the amp under the carpet it's one of the drawbacks to having a tiny little box of a car.

Not 100% sure I'm going to get one but just in case I want to have room for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...